Sunday, December 5, 2010

Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream

Sick of pumpkin yet??
Sorry but I'm not.....
I found a new blog that I love called City/Life/Eats and the author recently posted a dairy and gluten free recipe for Pumpkin Ice Cream.
Obviously I had to try this so I pulled out the ice cream maker and went to town!
I must note that I did tweak the recipe a bit. I added some candied walnuts, vanilla paste, maple syrup, and about 3 more Tbs of raw agave syrup. I like my ice cream pretty sweet.....what can I say?
So here go....This recipe includes my alterations.
For the original recipe click here
Pumpkin Ice Cream-vegan
1 cup raw cashews
1 can of full fat coconut milk
1 can organic pumpkin puree
2 tsp pumpkin spice
2 Tbs  maple syrup ( I used organic B grade )
5 packets of stevia
3 Tbs agave syrup or more stevia to taste ( optional )
1 Tb vanilla extract
1 tsp vanilla paste ( optional )
1/2 cup candied or plain walnuts ( optional )
Freeze Ice Cream Maker's metal cylinder for 24 hrs. Soak cashews in water for about 2 hrs and then blend with all other ingredients ( except walnuts ) in a high speed blender until very smooth. Chill over night. Pour chilled ice cream mix into ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions. If you are adding walnuts, do so at the end when ice cream is fairly thick.  This all took me about 20-25 mins.
Enjoy and Aloha!!

5 comments:

  1. So glad my recipe provided inspiration :) Yours looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn I was hoping to make this for Gabby but she is allergic to the nuts! It looks so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never be sick of pumpkin! This looks perfect. I was just thinking about making pumpkin ice cream too!

    ReplyDelete