Thursday, December 16, 2010

Best of 2010 Part:1

You want to know what I love about December?
"Year's Best Lists"!!!!
I plan on doing a few of these over the last remaining weeks of 2010 so get ready!
Here's a good one....
 My "Best Dishes of the Year" list!
Enjoy!
"Coconut Red Lentil Soup" from the blog 101 Cookbooks
"The Quartet" ( mezze platter )
 From "Mala's Ocean Tavern" in Lahaina, Maui on my 34th birthday.
Smitten Kitchen's Tomato and Onion Sauce (O.M.G)
"Butternut Squash Ravioli" from The Sea House in Napili, Maui.
"Lilikoi Quark Phyllo wrapped Cheesecake" from "Tropica" on Kaanapali Beach in Maui. 
Although the restaurant no longer exists.....We still can't get over the "Veggie Sushi" from "Bamboo Bar and Grill" in Lahaina, Maui.
The best "Tofu Pad Thai" I've ever had....At "Basil" in Charleston, South Carolina.
The raw vegan "Caesar Salad" and......
The raw vegan "Brownie Sundae"
From the "Present Moment Cafe" in St. Augustine, Florida.....hands down the best Raw Vegan food I had all year!
My "Southwest Pumpkin Soup" from Thanksgiving!
Maui on a budget??
Sure!
"Grilled Veggie Tacos" ( with fried beans, salsa, and rice ) from the now famous "Ohana Tacos" taco truck in Honokowai, Maui.
Maui FINALLY gets a "Whole Foods Market" in March and I've probably spent hundreds of dollars on their fabulous salad bar ever since!
The "Soup Special" from "Gaulart and Malicet" in Charleston, South Carolina.....
The always in season, "Mrs. T's Onion and Potato Pierogies".....
My old SDSU standby became a favorite again for Carlos and I this year when we didn't want to "cook" after long work days.....
The best "Key Lime Pie" that I had in the state of Florida at the   "Siesta Key Oyster Bar" on Siesta Key. LOVE!!
My own vegan "Banana Chocolate Milkshakes"....Brilliant!
Famous Aussie chef, Bill Granger's simple "Corn and Ginger Soup" from "Sydney Food"!
The "Fried Green Tomatoes and Goat Cheese" At "29 Degrees South" in Fernandina Beach, Florida.
My favorite post-surf lunch at "Lahaina Coolers" in Lahaina Maui...."The Greek Salad".
Pure heaven! The "Goat Cheese, Honey, and Poi-Raisin Bread" from the Hotel Hana in Hana, Maui.
The best Falafel on the planet at Zunzi's in Savannah, Georgia!

Awe...That was fun! Thank you to Jenna at Eat, Live, Run for the cool idea!
I'm friggin' starving now.
See you soon!
Aloha.....

6 comments:

  1. goat cheese, honey, and raisin bread?! omg that sounds AMAZING. So many of these look sooo delicious! it makes me wanna go back to maui NOW.

    thanks for stopping by! www.ThePantryDrawer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh everything looks so yummy! This makes me hungry! Good job!

    Xx
    www.afashionhouseofcards.blogspot.com
    Check out my blog and stay tuned to my daily updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those dishes look fantastic! I haven't had pad thai in forever but this post pushed me over the edge :) Seriously, I love everything you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This all looks amazing. Loving the quartet mezze platter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot believe how amazing all of this food looks - I'm literally salivating right now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious!!!
    Thanks for the comment:)
    we could follow each other!
    I'm going to follow you
    Kiss
    Giovanna
    giovannatuccio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete