Monday, December 13, 2010

Balance? In December?

So how do you balance during the holidays?
Here's what I do.....
Raw Veggie Wraps
(Store bought carrot-cashew pate, purple cabbage, carrots, red and yellow bell peppers)
Carrot-Cashew Pate
Local Rainbow Chard
Juicing ingredients.......
Delicious Ginger-Beet Juice!
Wild Rice and Simple Salad
( Hana grown red leaf lettuce, cherry and yellow tomatoes, Kalamata olives, chevre, and chick peas )
It's really not that hard.....just incorporate as many fresh, local, organic raw ingredients into your diet as you can.
I shoot for....80% whole, healthy foods and 20% whatever I want ( like, Christmas cookies, wine, chocolate, "Hula Pie", and Thai Chef's Pad Thai! ). Easy, but I still have fun with it!
 I mean really, it's almost New Years anyway.....
Aloha

5 comments:

  1. I never think to add rice to my salads. I need to try that soon. I found a recipe for wild rice and fruit that I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving cold wild rice salads with raisins, walnuts and goat cheese too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the raw wrap looks so good. I'm in Hawaii! got here yesterday. I could go for something fresh right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those wraps look to die for, and that salad is beautiful! I love your ratio for holiday eating. It's perfect, you have to indulge some it's the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OoOoh.. everything about this is appealing to me right now. I love your healthy post especially during the holidays!

    http://sprinklesinsprings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete