Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in Review: Last year's NYE resolutions.

Last year I took some time to think about some changes I wanted to make in my life in 2010 .
So, I wrote them down on this blog and I made most of them a reality.
This is exactly why I love this holiday!
Check it out!

2009/2010's New Year Resolution Review.....
1.) I have decided that I'm over this recession so I will no longer be participating. Thanks, it's been educational and interesting but I'm going to go ahead and move on with my life now.
I will have to say that I did a pretty good job living 2010 with this mind frame. Although my bank account is far from being in any sort of real comfort zone yet, the last thing I'm doing is dwelling on it.....
2.) The dentist. I need to go....I'm absolutely appalled at myself. I won't even say how many years it has been because my mother reads this blog so I'll just say it's been awhile. For the record, I have never had a cavity however, I have a sick feeling that that stat has changed.
Done! It was scary but I'm so happy I went......I feel safe now and can share how long it had been. 6 years!!! Ahhhhhh......However, I'm still cavity free and my dentist told me I have beautiful gums :-)
3.) Blue Cheese dressing....you will now be joining "Nutella" and "Tim Tams" on the Cansler-Barberis "Banned Foods in the House" list. Sorry....I'll miss you.
I can honestly say that I do not think I had one drop of Blue Cheese Dressing in 2010. Although now that I'm writing this it sounds really good.
4.) Excedrin.....again, nuff said.
Okay....still battling this one. I'll stop taking the stuff for a month or so but then get sucked back in thanks to my sinus headaches. Anyway, I'll be trying this again in 2011.
5.) Make more money than '09.....after looking at my "year to date" pay stub, this shouldn't be too much of a challenge.
Well I did..... But like I imagined it would have been hard to make less.
6.) More green veggies, more green juice, more yoga, more surfing....What's a New Year's Resolution list without a mention of diet and exercise. I live a pretty healthy and balanced lifestyle but there are always room for improvement.
Thanks to my Breville Juicer this was very easy to achieve.
7.) Stamp the passport. I've done this for 6 years straight now and I don't plan on stopping. Where to next?? Plans are already in the making....... Carlos and I will be making a cross country trip to Florida in the fall and then we are hoping to end up in a surf filled Banana Republic for a few weeks after that. Can't wait!
Okay so this didn't exactly happen....However, I might live in one of the only places in the country where you can fly for 14 hours and still not cross any borders. BUT, I did "see" Mexico from across the street when I was in Nogales, AZ and I was a stones throw away from the Bahamas when I was eating Gazpacho in Miami. Anyway, we'll try this one again in '11.
8.) Figure out how to spell and grammar check on Blogspot.
Spell check: Yes
Grammar: not yet
Any advice?
9.) Close Escrow.....it's been a LONG time coming.
Done! Finally......It's been great not being a homeowner for the first time in 9 years!
10.) Smile, Breath and Relax.....sounds simple right? This has actually been a huge challenge for me all my life and it's time to change that.
This one sort of goes with  #1. I think I came a long way this year with this.
So, Not bad huh? I think writing them down on this blog really made me aware of some changes I wanted to make this year. Not the worst idea.....
I should do the same for 2011. I'll get back to you with that.
Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment