Monday, November 22, 2010

Pear, Goat Cheese, and Thyme Ravioli

Behold the "Pear, Goat Cheese and Thyme Ravioli"
I warned you this was coming....
Carlos and I ate lunch at a charming restaurant on the Intracoastal in Ponte Vedra, Florida last month called "Caps". I apologize but I do not have any pictures from that afternoon much thanks to a very dead battery in my Nikon.
 I had one of the most fabulous dishes on our vacation there....Raviolis made from wonton wrappers and stuffed with pears and creamy chevre. This flavor combo was simply Not. Fair.....
I decided to take this idea, recreate it but add my usual spin with some fresh thyme and walnut crumbs. I'm warning you.....these are addictive.
"Caps" doused these decadent pillows of greatness with a rich and creamy cheese sauce. This was wonderful but pretty heavy. Personally, I suggest maybe just tossing the cooked raviolis with a little bit of olive oil and garnishing with a sprinkle of parmesan and some chopped walnuts.... However, it's your choice of course. So be creative or just google "rich and creamy cheese sauce" and go to town!
Aloha
Pear, Goat Cheese, and Thyme Ravioli - makes about 25
fresh wonton wrappers and small bowl of water
5 oz of fresh but firm goat cheese
1 firm pear ( or apple ) minced
1 Tb finely cropped walnuts
1 Tb minced fresh thyme
pinch of cracked black pepper
pinch of sea salt
Mix cheese, pear, walnuts, thyme, salt and pepper in a med size bowl. Arrange wontons on a cutting board and place 1 tsp of goat cheese mixture onto each wonton. Fold, pinch and seal the wrappers using water. 
Pretty easy huh?
I laid all the ravioli on a cookie sheet and then threw them in the freezer. Once frozen I placed them in a zip lock bag for later use. Brilliant don't you think?
Minced Bosc Pear
Walnuts
Mix
Arrange
Pinch and Seal
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Hi I realize this is an old post but while Googling a recipe for pear & goat cheese ravioli I came across your post! Just wondering, what you might recommend for a sauce to go with? I recently had this in a restaurant where they served a garlic oil drizzle that was a bit sweet over it but looking for other options :)

    Thanks,

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just toss these with a very light nutty oil and shave a bit of parm cheese over the top:) ~ Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I think about 3 minutes fresh and about 5-6 minutes frozen. I'm so sorry I didn't include a cooking time when I posted the recipe. I haven't made them in a really long time because I no longer eat dairy or gluten so it's hard to remember now. Good luck :)

      Delete