Saturday, November 13, 2010

Home...

Did you miss shots like these??
I did....
I figured the best way to deal with my lingering cold was to head down to the beach and sweat it out in the sun. Please don't let The Skin Spectrum in Tucson know I told you this.
Don't you just love Hawaii?
Beautiful!
Anyway,
You want to know what I can't get out of my head??
Key Lime everything. I think I might have a problem....
No, but seriously....Why does Key Lime Pie taste so good? Does anybody else suffer from this sort of infatuation? Or am I just a deprived west coaster?
Well, I decided that maybe I could find a way to still get my "fix" but without the extra Bad Fat/Sugar/Sugar/Bad Fat?

Enter: Sarma Melngailis and her Key Lime Pie Shake recipe in Living Raw Food.
Mmmmmmmm.......
This was perfect! Totally satisfies the Sugar/Bad Fat/Lime craving.
Here you go!
Key Lime Pie Shake - serves 2
1 1/2 cups of fresh apple juice ran through a juicer ( from about 3 apples ) I used Granny Smith
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice ( about 3 limes )
1 ripe avocado
2 bananas ( I used frozen )
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tb agave nectar ( I used stevia ) 
Throw all of this in a high speed blender until smooth.
Too good!

Speaking of Green Shakes......Remember these?
The Banana Spinach Almond Milk Smoothie....Oh how I missed you!
I've been drinking a ton of these all week!
I've also rediscovered my love of Raw Granola paired with Greek Yogurt and Agave syrup.
Next:
I've also been taking homemade Gazpacho to work almost daily. I've been pairing it with a dollop of Greek Yogurt and crusty Olive Bread...
What do you think? Does it remind you of that cute French cafe in Charleston?
That was the goal actually....
Mission accomplished! So filling and healthy!

And then of course....
Butternut Squash.
I heard it's Fall somewhere out there so that means it's time for roasted squash, root veggies and lots of homemade "creamy" soups!
Can't wait!
Aloha 

2 comments:

  1. I definitely missed my Hawaii shots! The raw granola looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Key Lime Pie Shake? That's vegan? Thank you!!! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete