Sunday, October 24, 2010

Siesta Key, Florida

Aloha from Florida!
Sorry for the long absence but I'm finally in one city for more than a night...
Here's an update of our whirlwind tour of the flattest place on the planet!
My first glance (ever) at the Gulf of Mexico...
Beautifully lazy Siesta Key!
FYI-These are not my feet....
Anyway,
I just wanted you to see the perfect white sand!
Siesta Key Oyster Bar. Home to the best Key Lime Pie that I've tasted so far......
Carlos's Oysters.
Veggie Fajitas.
Be still my heart.....

Siesta Key Oyster Bar was pure "Margaritaville". Unfortunately I was having some issues with my camera in the low lit bar to be able to show the true essence of this gem on Florida's Gulf Coast....
Besides the Oyster Bar, Siesta Key has one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. It's sand was the consistency of powdered sugar and it was dotted with rainbow colored coquina shells.
We pulled off at this spot ( near Sarasota ) by chance on our long drive to Sanibel Island from Jacksonville. Carlos just wanted me to see the sunset from a the beach that evening. We had no idea what a perfect night lay ahead of us.....
We'll be back to Siesta Key for a much longer stay next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment