Saturday, September 18, 2010

Surf Days

Another picture perfect day over here on the Valley Isle....
See Haleakala in the back ground? Beautiful.
We headed to Ukumehame to surf today. I've been MRSA free for two days in a row now and took advantage of the fizzling south swell. ( I surfed yesterday as well ).
The waves were inconsistent so I decided not to wait on shore to get any shot of the sets. I also needed to beat the wind...sorry.
Doggies were everywhere today! This little guy ended up surfing with his owner later. Too cute!
Very dry West Maui mountains. We really need some rain this coming winter!
For lunch we headed for Lahaina Cooler's. This seems to be becoming a routine these days.....
Love that place for a post surf lunch on a Saturday.
The Standard...
Cooler's Greek Salad.

Afterwards, Carlos wanted to go to Ono Gelato for an Ahi Slider ( ?? ) Apparently his Bean Soup and Ceasar Salad was not enough....
I decided to be brave and try a small "Stracciatella" Gelato ( Vanilla and Chocolate Flakes ) . It was awesome and I didn't have any stomach issues later. Does this mean my lactose problems are going away??
Did you know that Gelato is only 3-4% butter fat? ( compared to standard American Ice Cream's 10-18% )
Maybe this is why my stomach felt okay?? Love it!
Carlos had the "Sandy Beach" in a waffle cone ( Vanilla, Peanut Butter, Graham Crackers, Sea Salt ) Yummo!!!

Off to watch "Vicky Christina Barcelona" this late afternoon while my live-in Javier Bardem look alike goes and plays Disk Golf again.....( I just don't get the "Disk Golf" obsession the Maui Boys have these days.....Just. Don't. Get. It! ) Blah!
Aloha!

4 comments:

  1. That is such a cute picture of you guys at the end. I'm so gald you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the two of you are absolutely adorable - and your day sounds phenomenal! The dogs on the beach, the gelato...such a fabulous way to spend a bit of time. Maybe I should try gelato myself - I too am lactose intolerant, so usually have to stay away from all forms of ice cream. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. Very jealous of you!!! Hawaii...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like you had my kinda perfect day. I am so envious of where you live!!! xx

    ReplyDelete