Friday, September 10, 2010

Island Fever

Maui Shot of the Day
Lone Palm off Hwy 30......

It was just one of those days where I just couldn't decide what to do with myself?
I wanted a coffee this morning. Odd I know.... This has been a daily craving for about 2 weeks now. You see, I finally gave up Excedrin. Believe it or not it was not for the caffeine it contained. It was for the daily 500 mg of acetaminophen and aspirin. Yew.
 New Year's Resolution #4. Check.
Brutal.

Anyway, like I was saying I couldn't decide what to do today. The surf was flat. The water was choppy, the air was sticky humid and the clouds were threatening any sort of enjoyable beach day.
 I wanted a day off from the gym so I didn't go. I'm avoiding my phone and emails because I need a break. Carlos had to work. I'm leaving in less than a month for a month so I can't spend any money... SO, What. To. Do?
*balance the check book
*drop off clothes at the consignment store
*surf the net
*practice one hour of yoga
*sweep
check.check.check.check.check
Boring!

So instead of focusing on today, here's some treats from the week!
A delicious Vegan Vegetable soup from the Farmer's Market in Honokowai. I added some brown rice and a squeeze of lemon.
The most decadent Vegan Chocolate Milkshake that I've ever made!
Vanilla Almond Milk
Creamy Peanut Butter
Stevia
Vanilla Extract
Raw Cocao Powder
Lecithin
Maca
Frozen local Honey Bananas
OMG Die!
Vegetarian Caeser Dressing on colorful salad from the Farmer's Market in Honokowai 
A non-vegan frozen yogurt I can stomach.
Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Raspberry Swirl.
Perfect.
"Rock and Republic" jeans that I scored at the consignment store. I justified this purchase because I'll probably be living in them while I'm on the Mainland next month. I mean really....I hardly own any pants and it might be chilly right? They were also "used" ( barely... if at all )
"Vixen" nail polish by Revlon.
I hardly ever paint my nails because they are impossible to keep from chipping when I'm surfing a lot. However, since this might be the flattest summer on record in Hawaii, I figured it would be a nice chance to rock some red for once.
I'm absolutely obsessed with nude heels and I have several pairs of them. I think it's the best look on tanned legs for it gives an illusion of incredibly long gams. Always nice.
I snagged these Marc Fishers recently from Shoe Metro for a ridiculously cheap price. I freaking love them.
Another cheap find from Mahina in Lahaina. Fun Fun!
I'm thinking they'll be great with these hot shoes that I've yet to wear by Boutique 9 :-)
Maybe best saved for a Mainland trip too?

Hope you're having a nice Aloha Friday!
See you soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment