Saturday, September 25, 2010

Confession

You want to know what has been sucking lately?
My diet....
Yes, It's true.
Don't get me wrong, I've been eating plenty of salads these days but my daily intake of raw vegan foods has taken a dramatic nose dive in the last 2 weeks.
I have not been juicing (?) I have not been making my famous raw smoothies (?) And I've fallen in love with the sugary creamy greatness of Haagen Daze frozen yogurt. 

 I feel sluggish, irritated and bloated.
Me no like.

However....I've come up with a million excuses. Wanna hear?
1.Surfs up = Need carbs+sugar+wine.
2. I'm preparing my body for the gluttony of a month long vacation to the Southwest and the Dirty South.
3. I'm actually trying to gain a few lbs ( more on that another time.... )
4. I'm too tired after work to cook ( the lamest excuse so far )
5. My man's idea of making dinner for us is frozen veggie pizza ( Hey...at least he's trying! )

Anyway
"Raw Veggie Wraps" from the Honokowai Farmer's Market Deli with Miso Dressing.

These were wonderful.......
That being said, I promise to get off my ass and make myself something fresh, green, and raw. If not, I promise to buy something prepared instead.
Haagen Daze... you'll now be joining Nutella, Blue Cheese Dressing and Tim Tams from the "Cansler-Barberis - Foods Banned from the House" list.
You'll be missed.
Aloha

P.S.
Happy be-lated 33rd birthday to my younger sister Erin.
I ( now ) enjoy the 6 mos where I'm only 1 year older than you.
I remember it wasn't that long ago that I use to think otherwise.....

1 comment:

  1. Those wraps look delicious, and healthy at the same time.

    Puck
    http://oneofpoints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete