Saturday, September 4, 2010

Busy Week

Labor Day weekend is finally here!!! Man I hated this holiday when I was a kid but now I LIVE for it! Let's hear it for "off season"!

Here's a short little recap of the week....
Early morning rainbow at Ironwood Beach in Kapalua.
The "Hummus Platter" at the Plantation House in Kapalua.
Taj ripping the ears off his new toy....
BFF sporting my "Jackie O" sunglasses on his 42nd Birthday at Hula Grill.
New gold and rhinestone earrings from Mahina...
And my new men's size "Wish List" Horn and Mother of Pearl watch from Micheal Kors.
And another Greek Salad from Lahaina Coolers......

On another note: I started running again ( yes, again....we'll see how long this lasts this time. ) However, I feel that this will be the best way to stay in shape during my month long trip to the Mainland this October so I figured I should start now....blah.
AND....
I found the most epic place on this island! Carlos has sworn me to secrecy however I'll go back solo and snap a few shots. OMG it was so beautiful! I can't believe I've been driving by this area for over 10 years and never knew it was there!  You see, the tradewinds were howling yesterday but we still REALLY wanted to take the Stand Ups out so we searched and searched until we found this spot. Wow! It was so beautiful I have no words....very lagoon like.... crystal clear water, beautiful corals, neon yellow and blue fish everywhere and insane views of the west Maui mountains, Haleakala and even the Big Island! It reminded me of Tahiti and the Cook Islands so much that if I didn't know any better I would have thought I was back there.
Anyway....to be continued on this soon!

And last but not least.... My new dish of the week,
Spicy Gazpacho!
 
I love this cookbook ( FYI-I usually don't like cookbooks that don't have pics but this is a must have for simple healthy vegetarian meals ).
I would love to print the recipe for you but thanks to copyright laws I cannot. However, check out "Clean Food" by Terry Walters. You won't be disappointed.
Aloha!

1 comment:

  1. Love the earrings and Clean Food. One of my favorite cookbooks! I really want to try her apple walnut loaf.

    ReplyDelete