Friday, August 20, 2010

Raw Lemon and Blackberry Cheesecake

I mentioned earlier today that I have some time off from work and I want to make make some decadent Raw Vegan desserts. So today I threw together a cheesecake loosely inspired by the many Raw Vegan Vanilla Cheesecake recipes out there on the web. However, I wanted to do something a little bit more tangy and colorful than plain vanilla so I added some fresh squeezed lemon juice to the batter. Beautiful!

Lemon and Blackberry Cheesecake-Raw Vegan
*cheese*
1 cup soaked ( 4 hours ) raw cashews, rinse and drain
juice of one juicy lemon
3-4 Tbs raw agave syrup to taste
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tb coconut oil/butter
1/4 tsp turmeric powder ( natural yellow coloring )
*Crust*
1 cup walnut meal
3 large or 5 small moist seeded dates
2 tsp raw agave
pinch of sea salt
6"-7" spring form pan 

Process the walnuts to make a walnut meal. Careful not to over mix....we don't want walnut butter.
Add dates, agave, salt and process until a crumbly dough forms.
Now, press into a 6-7" spring form pan and place in the fridge.
Rinse and drain soaked cashews and throw into a high speed blender ( like a Vita-Mix ) with the lemon juice, turmeric, agave, vanilla, and coconut oil/butter and blend until very smooth.
Pour onto chilled pie crust and evenly spread....
Now, place back in fridge and when firm.... add a trim of fresh berries.

Okay....so I haven't actually tasted the finished product yet. It actually needs to firm up a bit more in the fridge before I release the spring form. However, I've already sampled each individual part ( crust, berries and "cheese" ) and it was wonderful....
Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment