Saturday, August 14, 2010

Random Thoughts, Food and long time Obsessions

This was different but fabulous....
Instead of my typical Green Juice I decided to make Carlos and I an Acai Smoothie using some of the mangoes that are piling up in the freezer!
Acai Smoothie - serves 2
17.5 oz can of pure coconut water
handful of frozen local mangoes
handful of frozen organic strawberries
handful of frozen organic blueberries
1 packet of acai puree
1.5 Tbs of lecithin
Yum....
I had no appetite today.....I have no idea why? I didn't eat again until 4 pm?? ( homemade hummus and Ak-Mak crackers) Strange. Maybe it was the warm muggy weather we have over here?
I got a lot done anyway like grocery shopping, laundry, washing the car (you know, all the fun stuff ). I'm also happy to announce that after this Thursday I'll have off work for a whole week!! Crazy Summer is almost over! I can't wait! Then soon after that, we're going off island ( Arizona and Florida for sure but Georgia and South Carolina are also still a big possibility ).....We don't have any definite plans yet but we have almost a month to play. In all honestly it will actually depend on hurricane season.....So ready!

   
Farmer's Market finds....


  
Dragon Fruit at Mana's
Did you know Leopard Print is the color for fall?
 
Random Pineapple sitting outside "Pink by Nature" in Makawao
Bamboo off Baldwin Ave.
My new handmade Shell and Gold beaded bracelet from Paia.
And that would be a Black Tahitian Pearl on a gold bangle.
I can't remember if I ever mentioned my obsession with these locally made hammered gold bracelets called "Hula Hoops" before this. They sell these beauties at a couple nice boutiques on island ( Imrie, Nuage Bleu, and Hale Zen ) and I've been collecting them over the last few months....FYI-They are not cheap, hence the reason it took me awhile to build up my own collection. The black pearl was the crown jewel as well as the most $$$. This is why it took the longest to aquire.....obviously.
Anyway, frivolous? Yes. Worth it? Most definitely.
Talk about frivolous, look what else I acquired this week....
Okay, before jumping to any crazy conclusions I have to say that I didn't actually have to pay for these.....Well, maybe just a little ( like the tax ). You see I saved up some gift certificates for Whaler's Village in Kaanapali and decided to go all out.....Enter ( "Alma" and "Speedy 25" )
You see, I've been unnaturally obesessed with Louis Vuitton ever since the 5th grade (It's a long story so I won't bore you....) but I didn't actually aquired my own bags until about 5 years ago. I love them....I don't really know why but I just do. I know on this blog I probably come off as a "Roxy" clad surfer chick but the reality couldn't be more off when it comes to my day to  day style of dress. Honestly, I live in 4 inch heels, large "Jackie O" sunglasses and I have major week spot for diamonds and Louis Vuitton. Sorry to shatter my image for you but it's the truth. Don't get me wrong though....I still love my "Havianas" and "Maui Girl" bikinis :-) I've just always prefered "Tamara Catz" and "Le Tarte" over Billabong. ( I just don't always have the budget. )

Next!
Anyway, Off to make some "Coconut Red Lentil Curry" A la 101 Cookbooks.
Yum...

2 comments:

  1. That smoothie looks so good. Right. Now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I think it's nice to know about the other side of you. can't be a beach girl ALL the time.
    Those bracelets are gorgeous btw. I'm not really a jewelery person, and I tend to favor simplicity. I think that's why I like those.

    ReplyDelete