Friday, August 20, 2010

Preparing for Detox

Aloha!
I made it! I'm off of work for 9 DAYS!!! Woo hoo!!! Hopefully I can get my life back in order again! Over the next week I plan on taking care of some much needed business around my house and with myself.
First things first.....I'm going to do a bit of a "detox" over the next few days. Nothing crazy but just a little "spring cleaning". You see, over the last few weeks we've been eating out wayyyyy too much ( because I've been too exhausted to cook ), drinking a little bit too much, dipping a little too much in the "pastry bin" at the office and eating far too many cheese laden cafeteria sammies ( blah!.)
So, here's the dealio......no wine, no white sugar, no dairy, no Excedrin, nothing processed. I'm going to be eating mostly raw, high green, a ton of fresh juice, and drinking plenty water. I don't know how long this is going to last but I'll document each day if I can. There's a million things I want to make ( like fun raw desserts) and one of my goals is to finally tackle that "Excalibur Dehydrator".....
So, Stay tuned!

One of the ways to prepare for a successful cleanse is to plan ahead. Enter Sarma's book, "Living Raw Food". One of my favorite "non-cook" cookbooks out there ( trust me....I think I have all of them ).
I've discovered in the past that if I have a yummy raw snack waiting for me in the fridge then sticking to a "plan" is a whole lot easier.....

Sarma's Vanilla Chia Pudding- serves 4 to 6
1 cup chia seeds
3 cups coconut or almond milk ( I used the almond )
3-5 Tbs raw agave syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
Mix everything in a bowl and pour evenly into individual bowls. Place in fridge until firm. Enjoy!
( FYI-I actually halved this recipe this morning )



See you soon!

1 comment: