Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Island Time

I've officially zoned out. I've been meaning to do a ton things around my house this week but I just can't. You see, that would require moving.
Small snack before a hard morning at the beach....
I'm starting to stress out about which beach I should go to each day. I mean, there's a lot of factors to consider like, crowd, tide, bugs, wind, shade, etc. Anyway, I'm sure you can relate.
 
Once again...."Lake Pacific" conditions. Welcome to Maui in August.
Hmmmm.....not today.

Okay....this was insane.
Strawberry Milkshake-Vegan
vanilla almond milk
vanilla extract
frozen bananas
frozen strawberries
maca
stevia
lecithin
I'm thinking it was the lecithin. Lecithin is an amazing emulsifier and this thing was as creamy and sweet as a "Micky D's" Strawberry Shake. I'm brilliant.
I spent the rest of the afternoon crashed out on the couch. I think I was dreaming because I thought I saw the Argentine sweeping the living room and doing laundry??
  Ya, dreaming for sure....
When I woke up he was hungry so we headed to the Farmer's Market in Honokowai for a snack at the hot bar......
1/3 of a vegan Burrito, Veggie Rice and some cubes of Avo. Nice.
I plan on spending the remainder of the day on Google. At the moment I'm a bit obsessed with Katy Perry. I think I've watched her "Teenage Dream" and "California Gurls" videos about 20 times in the last 2 days.
I love "Teenage Dream" because it reminds me of my first years in college. Back then ( circa 1995 ) I spent most of my time hanging out at the beach with boys and friends or travelling between San Diego and Santa Barbara via the 101. I don't know....her video just reminded me of that. Feels like a million years ago now. As for the second video....well, Snoop Dogg just cracks me up.

Aloha......

No comments:

Post a Comment