Friday, July 30, 2010

Updates

Here's a little word of advice for you Mainlanders out there.......Don't come to Hawaii in July. It sucks.

Okay, I feel better now saying it out loud. I'm exhausted. It's busy ( yes, that's good. Busy = $ ) However, I'm still counting the days until Labor Day......

So, No real need to get into much detail explaining my 2 week absence. I just didn't feel there was much of a need to post the same green juice and sandwich I've been eating almost daily. To be honest I'm having a very hard time finding balance right now during this busy summer. How can I manage my time before and after work? I have not found the answer yet. Obviously.

On a positive note: I've been working out a lot. I've found that this is the best way to clear my head after a 10+ hour work day. Whether it be SUPing, surfing or hitting the elliptical machine I've managed to sweat for at least an hour almost every day after work instead of downing pau hanas.

Here are some highlights from my busy July 2010.....
Joy's Place Kale Chips!
OMG! These are amazing! They seriously taste just like Cheeze-Its but they are local, raw and super healthy!
It's still Mango season!
And I've been busy making mango everything.....
Raw Pecan and Mango Tarts
Raw Mango Pudding
Raw Vegan Mango Sorbet
Several Dinners from the Honokowai Farmer's Markets Salad Bar

Burrata Cheese from Mala's Ocean Tavern ( swoon.....)

More Greek Salads from Lahaina Coolers

Pre-made Green Juice when I was too lazy to make my own.....

Some failed experiments with the Excalibur....( FYI Taj no like....)
I'm thinking I need to adjust my dehydrating times to go with the higher humidity right now.
My attempt to make zucchini wraps :-( boo

Lots of Green Juice and Super Food Smoothies....

And some classic Maui Sunsets....
See you soon.
Aloha..........

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you have been so exhausted! I feel the same way a lot of times. (Especially last Thursday). At least something positive is coming out of it and you are getting a lot of workouts in. The kale chips look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete