Monday, July 12, 2010

Surf. Finally.

I finally scored some real surf today....and I'm not kidding, I truly scored. I drove for about an hour searching for any wave that was not being beat up by the relentless "Trades"...... At about 11 am my stomach began to rumble ( because I forgot breakfast ) so I decided to give up and call "Thai Chef" to place a take-away order. Then out of nowhere the wind turned off! So I raced into Lahaina Town, grabbed my lunch, ate ( really fast ) and caught about 50 glassy waves in the Puamana area. 

Vegan Green Papaya Salad

After my long surf I had a second lunch.......
Citrus and Kale Quinoa Salad from the Farmer's Market in Honokowai.
( Curly Kale, Purple Cabbage, Corn, Cashews, Zucchini, Fennel Seeds, Orange Juice )

Random late afternoon shots......

Dinner was quick and easy.....
Carlos and I both wanted something light so we threw together a nice Greek Salad using chopped Romaine, Chick Peas, Kalamata Olives, Tomatoes, Feta, Lemon Juice, Braggs Vinaigrette Dressing....

Passing out now.
See you soon!
Aloha

3 comments:

  1. I know I've said this before but I'm so jealous of all the farmers markets out there! Are they daily?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to hear that you're getting some waves. We could use some over on this coast. Every day my boyfriend chants "I can't wait for hurricane season, I can't wait for hurricane season.."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, We actually do have a daily Farmer's Market in Kaanapali. However, I'm usually stopping by "The Farmer's Market" in Honokowai. It's the name of a great little health food store ( and they have a nice outdoor Farmer's Market 3 x a week )

    ReplyDelete