Friday, July 16, 2010

Salads, ( lack of ) Surf and a SUP Board

Green Juice
 1 Lb Local Organic Kale
1 peeled Local Lemon
1 peeled Organic Cucumber
2 Gala Apples
2" peeled Local Fresh Ginger

Good Morning!
It's so nice having the day off an being able to sleep in until 8 am! I hate getting up so early everyday.....It's not like I've ever been one to sleep all morning long even if I can ( like my sister ) however for me, there is a HUGE difference between 6:15 and 7:30. I'm just saying........
Anyway
The weather was NOT cooperating with me at all this morning. I was DYING to go surf however by the time I got to town the wind had turned onshore and blew out any tiny wave that dared show a face. So uncool.
So, I decided to take my mini longboard out to Airport Beach for a nice paddle instead.
Unusually Sunny, flat and Tradewind free at Airport Beach?! Perfect for paddling.
I paddled all the way down to the point ( Black Rock ) and back. It took exactly 30 minutes at a fast steady pace.

Next!
The Gym....
30 minutes/hills level 6 on the Elliptical machine
200 abdominal crunches

Lunch
I can't even explain in words how freaking amazing Sweet White Kula Corn is. I'm assuming that it is totally unavailable to you Mainlanders and I am truly sorry for that because raw Kula Corn just might be one of my most favorite things in the world!
Carlos and I made Veggie Tosadas last night and I decided to make my Guacamole with a cup of Fresh Raw Kula Corn and OMG!
Kula Guac
1 Cup Raw White Kula Corn
3 Hass Avocados
1/2 tsp Cumin
Juice of 1 Tahitian Lime
Salt to taste
Red Pepper Flakes

Not my usual Guac but oh sooooo good!
I decided to use the leftovers from last night and a make a super yummy salad for lunch.

Salad
Romaine
Kula Corn
Olowalu Roma Tomatoes
Braggs Vinaigrette with Agave and Lemon Juice
And a TON of Crystal Hot Sauce!

Then off to Hi-Tech Surf in Kahalui to pick up my NEW SUP Board and Paddle!!!
(Pics are coming...)

I'm so excited! It's soooooooooo pretty! Just wait until you see!

Dinner
 
Kahalui = Whole Foods Salad Bar ( Obviously )
And YES that's a huge mound of croutons and Feta cheese and it was fabulous....

Salad
Romaine
Vegan Caesar
Hummus
Dolmas
Artichokes Salad
Kalamata Olives
Tomatoes
Marinated Mushrooms
Feta
Croutons
Tabouli
= $12.43 oops...
I have to admit I never finish these things.....My eyes are ALWAYS bigger than the stomach!

Anyway
Off to bed now....Carlos and I have an early paddle in the a.m.
xo A

P.S.
I had the most AMAZING massage and facial yesterday at Spa Soleil Luna in Lahaina. I saw massage therapist and esthetician Micaela. I'm still Maui Zen Spa's #1 fan but Spa Soleil Luna proved to be much better the second time around :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment