Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Encore

After taking care of some work related business this morning Carlos and I headed out the door for a surf check....
I actually ate 2 of these on the way down ( they are pretty small ) and I'm really glad I did because we ended up surfing for several hours just south of Lahaina Town and didn't eat lunch until 2pm! Ugh!
Vegan Green Papaya Salad
Look familiar? Thai Chef was so perfect yesterday I thought it deserved a repeat.
We also shared an order of raw Veggie Summer Rolls which were perfectly light and tangy as always!

Sorry but I was unable to shoot a pic of Carlos's fabulous looking Chicken Penang Curry. He literally inhaled the thing.

Dinner
Spicy Cucumber and Pineapple Gazpacho ( from Raw Food Real World )
topped with Macadamia Nut Oil, Local Avocado, Cilantro and Red Pepper Flakes

Before saying goodnight and heading back to work tomorrow (after 5 days off...sigh) I found this little questionnaire in Erin's always amusing blog, "Living and Loving in L.A."
5 Answers for 5 Questions

1.) What was on your To-Do list today:
* take care of some work related emails and calls
* surf
* get a massage ( didn't happen )
* get a facial ( didn't happen )
* make Pineapple and Cucumber Gazpacho ( yum )

2.) 5 Snacks you enjoy:
* Maui's own Surfing Goat Dairy's "Ping Pong Balls" and Wheat-Thins
* Hawaiian Cone Sushi - click for pic!
* Dolmas
* Purely Decadent Vegan Ice Cream
* Samples from the Honokowai Farmer's Market Hot Bar

3. ) 5 Places you have lived:
* Rancho Palos Verdes, California
* Danville, California
* San Diego, California
* Pago Pago, American Samoa
* Maui, Hawaii

4.) What were you doing 5 years ago:
* Buying a way too expensive house ( that I no longer own....and that's a good thing )
* Saw the Cook Islands for the first time.
* Training for the Maui Marathon
* Working at a job I hated
* Stuck in a bad relationship

5.) 5 things you would do if you were a Billionaire:
* I would buy an island in French Polynesia
* I would have homes in the Byron Bay ( Watego Beach ) and in Manly, Australia. Santa Fe, New Mexico and Hana, Maui.
* I would go to a Spa once, maybe twice a week.
* I would hire a Gourmet Raw Food chef
* I would donate 1/2 to the ASPCA

Okay, That was fun......Now I'll pick 5 peeps to do the same :-)

2 comments:

  1. oh I totally have not kept up my healthy living blog... now I just feel guilty. haha! I seriously have just been trying your meals and I didn't want to just repost your blog :) Ill try to keep it up. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make some summer rolls. I used to do it all the time with a bit of spicy peanut sauce and it was so light and cool and refreshing.

    Thanks for the fun questionnaire!

    ReplyDelete