Sunday, July 11, 2010

Aloha!

So sorry to be such a stranger but I've been having some major Internet connection issues at my home. I can't tell you how many times I started to blog and suddenly every thing would crash and I would have to start over......
So, Here I try again......Let's see if I can actually post this one!

Besides not having much Internet access I've also been extremely busy since the beginning of July. I finally decide to take some time off so I'm in the middle of a 5 day mini stay-cation. Unfortunately this is turning out to be the absolute worst summer ever for surf :-( But again, I'm so busy that by the time I'm done with work I don't have much day light left. Let's just say....I'm getting a lot of use out of the elliptical machine these days.

However!
I have some exciting news!
I bought myself a brand new Stand Up Paddle board! It's currently at the shop having a handle put in it so I don't have any pics but trust me when I say it's beautiful! It's a 9'6" Quad Fin Performance Jerry Lopez. It's sooooo nice and light and I think it will be MUCH easier for me to handle in ( and out ) of the water!! Plus now we'll have two SUP boards so Carlos and I can go down winding together.  
Carlos just inherited my 11'6" Naish and paddle so he bought me a beautiful Kialoa ( I got the pretty blue flower one ) carbon paddle to go with my new board. So stoked! I will take pictures when I pick everything up.

Anyway,
Here's some pics I thought you might enjoy from the last week......
Molokai Sweet Potatoes and Maui grownYams. We ended up stir-frying these with a little Tahitian Lime, Australian Pink Salt, Cumin and Chipotle powder. YUM.
 
Kula grown Beef Steak Tomatoes with Basil and Thyme from our garden, Reduced Balsamic, Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, and Cypress Flake Salt.
Homemade Kabocha and Ginger Potstickers....
These were insane! I used some leftover roasted Kabocha Squash from the previous night and mixed it with some Ginger Spread from the Ginger People. I then added some salt and cayenne pepper and made these little potstickers.  Then I did some thing I rarely do but these little guys just deserved a decadent preparation. I fried them......in Organic Virgin Coconut Oil ( which is excellent by the way for very high heat! ) Then, for a dipping sauce I mixed some Tahitian Lime Juice with Thai Sweet Chili sauce and then watch Carlos go to town!
Don't worry I grabbed a few too.....
Cold Peanut, Ginger and Soba Noodle Salad
This is my idea of comfort food. Cold Soba Noodles dressed with a sauce made of Organic Tamari, Fresh Local Ginger, Garlic, Toasted Organic Sesame Oil, Mirin, minced Thai Chilies and Chive from the garden.
Perfect bowl food....
I had a week full of old stand bys like Banana and Raw Cocoa Smoothies..........
Buckets of Green Juice.....

and Pink Juice!
Local Organic Beets, Naval Oranges, Local Ginger and  Organic Gala Apples

And some yummy eats from the Farmer's Market in Honokowai and Whole Foods!

And some much needed beach time.....
Aloha.......

No comments:

Post a Comment