Saturday, June 26, 2010

World Cup and Bowl Food


I've always thought of myself as pretty lucky that I don't live with a sports obsessed man. I mean don't get me wrong, Carlos loves his surfing and Disk Golf  but what I'm really saying is that it's nice to not have the constant drone of Sports Center in my home these days.....
We have a TV. However, it's unplugged, old, clunky, broken ( hence the deformed screen ) and lives in the spare bedroom most of the year collecting dust. Now and then he'll roll it out to watch a movie or The Super Bowl but that's really about it. That is of course until about 2 weeks ago when World Cup started......
This guy is absolutely crazy for soccer.....
Here he is watching the US lose to Ghana. Lucky for him he's from Argentina and they're still in it.
To be honest, I don't know much about the sport. Carlos tries to explain things to me but I just can't keep up.  All I can hear coming from the TV are annoying horns and all I see are smoking hot men......Does anything else really matter?
Anyway, Carlos and I started dating a couple of months after the last World Cup so I've never actually watched one until now. Lucky for me, they only come around once every 4 years.
( Although, I could get into that team from Portugal..... )

Early lunch from the Farmer's Market in Honokowai.
This was soooooo tasty!
Red Quinoa
Molokai Sweet Potatoes
Butternut Squash
Green Onions
Raisins
Garlic
I need to recreate this simple and filling dish myself!

Gym
30 minutes doing hills on the elliptical machine. I don't know why but this kicked my ass today...
free weights and weight machines
biceps
triceps
back
shoulders
150 abdominal crunches
stretch

Dinner
A yummy salad using some surplus ingredients from my pantry, garden and fridge.
Summer Salad - vegetarian
1 Hass Avocado diced
5 small Olowalu Roma Tomatoes diced
1 can rinsed and drained Organic Chick Peas
2 ears of Kula White Corn ( raw )
2 oz Sheep's Feta crumbled
1 Tb Green Onions minced
1 handful of chopped Cilantro
2 tsp Hot Chili Flakes
Sea Salt
1 Tb Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
1 Tb Organic Red Wine Vinegar

And then I needed Chocolate...Stat!
I made these....Can you believe it? And guess what....they're vegan and they're RAW!
So Decadent!

Chocolate Truffles-Raw Vegan
1/3 cup Raw Organic Cocao Powder
1/2 cup Raw Organic Agave Syrup
1/2 cup Raw Organic Coconut Oil
1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract ( not really raw...)
pinch of salt
Mix everything together until super smooth. Place in freezer until firm. Use a melon baller to scoop out the chocolate and roll in whatever toppings you want. I used raw cocao and coconut flakes. This makes about 10 truffle....FYI-Store in Fridge :-)

2 comments:

  1. love your salads! I am still learning how much you can do with Quinoa....and I am a chic pea convert!!
    thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the raw chocolate deserts look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete