Saturday, June 5, 2010

Smoothies, Sun and Sand.....

Lahaina Jodo Mission behind Baby Beach....

Aloha! Another day off and the sun was shining! After an hour of Vinyasa Yoga and a morning smoothie I headed down to "Baby Beach" to finish my book ( Happy Isles of Ocean by Paul Theroux ).
 If you haven't already noticed I have been reading this book on and off forever ( I do this with books......). I'll get into more detail later but I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, "Happy Isles" was not well received( according to several reviews I read .... ) However, it would be interesting to know how many of these critics have even been to the destinations described in this entertaining piece of non-fiction? If so, I'd gamble to guess their opinions might be different.
Anyway, more on this later.....
Strawberry-Chocolate Protein Shake-Vegan
( Inspired by Kristen's Raw Chocolate Cherry Bomb Shake )

1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
2 Tb Raw Cacao Powder
1 tsp Maca
2 tsp Lecithin ( for creaminess )
Stevia
Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Hemp Protein Powder
2 Tb Hemp Seeds
1 Frozen Banana
1 Cup Spring Water

Blend in Vita Mixer....Awesome and super filling!

Then off to the beach.....
I always forget about the serene Jodo Mission behind the beach in Lahaina. It's actually pretty hidden from the main street.
Isn't it beautiful........

I was still full from my high protein shake this morning so for lunch I kept it simple...
Tropical Smoothie-Vegan
Frozen Strawberries
Frozen Local Banana
Coconut Water
Frozen Local Hana Papaya
Stevia
Vanilla Extract

And then I headed to the Gym.....
45 min Elliptical Machine
15 minute Abs

As you know already I've been on a big Veggie Sushi kick these days so Carlos and I decided to make some pretty "Hand Rolls" tonight for dinner.
Veggie Hand Rolls-Vegan
Toasted Nori
Organic White Seasoned Sushi Rice
Marinated Organic Carrots
Local Avocado
Black Sesame Seeds
Served with Sriracha, Tamari, Picked Ginger and Wasabi

Early night this evening......
Work tomorrow and a busy week ahead.
Much Aloha and see you soon!


2 comments:

  1. You have the most amazing sushi pictures here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous photos of the mission! (And I also love the strawberry chocolate shake..Mmmmm......). Sounds like a great day off!

    ReplyDelete