Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mid Week Update....

I finding that certain foods will fill me up and get me through my mornings more than others....I LOVE having a green juice every a.m. however if I know I'm going to be crazy busy and unable to grab lunch until late afternoon I'm finding I need something a little more substantial.  So, yesterday I made a delicious ( and filling ) Peanut Butter and Chocolate Smoothie for breakfast.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Smoothie - vegan
1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
 1 Tb Organic non- GMO Lecithin
 ( good for energy, brain and nerve function and has a wonderful creamy consistency when blended in a smoothie! )
1 tsp Maca
Stevia
2 Tb Raw Cocao Powder
frozen Bananas
1 Tb Organic Peanut Butter

This tied me over until I was able to have my typical cafeteria lunch of a Whole Wheat Sandwich with Tomato, Avocado, Red Onion, Lettuce and a slice of cheddar....

Gym ( June 29th )
40 minutes/Hills level 6 on the Elliptical Machine
 3 sets of each on weight machines using 20-30 lbs
triceps
biceps
back
shoulders
150 abdominal crunches

Dinner
Pearled Couscous Greek Salad - vegetarian
Local Arugula
Organic Grape Tomatoes
Kalamata Olives
Sheep's Feta
Lemon Juice
Sea Salt
White Pepper
Toasted Pine nuts

Side Salad
mixed colored Organic Baby Romaine
Dressing made with Organic Balsamic, Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, Salt, Black Pepper, Raw Organic Agave and Organic Mustard

...................
Food and Workout Log for June 30th
Breakfast taken to work....
Oroweat Sandwich Thin
Organic Peanut Butter
Raw Agave
sliced Local Banana

I was actually able to finish my work day around 12:30! So I headed to the gym and then came home to make a frosty Acai Parfait for lunch.

Gym
40 min/Hills level 6 Elliptical Machine
weight machine 20-30 lbs
chest
glutes
150 abdominal crunches
Acai Parfait-vegan
1 cup coconut water
1 frozen local Banana
1/2 cup frozen Organic Blueberries
1/2 cup frozen Organic Strawberries 
1 packet frozen Sambazon Acai Puree
( place all in high speed blender )
layer with fresh Bananas

Dinner
Remember all those Mangoes Carlos and I picked last week??? Well, They're getting ripe!
I saw an yummy looking Mango, Cucumber and Chick Pea Salad in Terry Walter's "Clean Food" and used it for inspiration tonight........
                            
                            
Mango, Chick Pea, and Cucumber Salad-vegan
2 Large Local Mangoes diced
1 large Organic Cucumber diced
1 can Organic Chick Peas rinsed/drained
1/4 cup Golden Raisins
handful of chopped Organic Apple Mint from my garden
1 tsp Hot Pepper Flakes
pinch of Salt
pinch of cracked White Pepper
2 tsp Organic White Wine Vinegar
1 Tb lemon juice
2 Tb local Macadamia Nut Oil

I also cooked up some thin sliced Yams.
1 very large Organic Yam
juice of 1 lime
Macadamia Nut Oil
Maldon Salt
Red Pepper Flakes
And rounded the meal off with some Sheep's Feta,  Baby Greens and Balsamic.....

Look what FINALLY arrived in Maui today!
My Excalibur Dehydrator had a mini detour to ......
Tucson, Arizona.
You see, Carlos ordered this for me on Ebay about a month ago and accidentally sent it to my dad's house in the middle of the desert. So, my dad then mail it back to me in Hawaii. He sent it Parcel Post so shipping would be under a million dollars and apparently it spent the last 3 weeks sailing across the Pacific on a paddle board.....
Anyway,
 Happy it's here! Now, I just need to figure out what to do with it....
To be contin...
Aloha! 

1 comment:

  1. I love Terry Walter's Clean Food. It's such a great cookbook!

    ReplyDelete