Monday, June 7, 2010

Love my Early Days.....

Lucky for me today turned into a much earlier work day than planned....It was so early that I was able to go to the gym and to the beach before 2 pm! Nice!
Green Juice
Organic Kale
Kapalua Mint
Tahitian Lime ( peeled )
Gala Apple
Japanese Cucumber

I've been trying to make my mornings easier by cleaning and cutting my veggies and fruit for my morning juice the night before...What a difference! I did the same with my lunch.....
Greek Salad-Vegan
Japanese Cucumber
Kalamata Olives
Cherry Tomatoes from the Hamakua Coast
Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
White Wine Vinegar

After work I headed to the gym for a 45 minute session on the Elliptical Machine.
Then off to the beach.......

Post Beach Snack
Vegan Coconut Tapioca Pudding from the Farmer's Market in Honokowai with Lydia's Organic Apricot Sun Cereal on top ( Raw )
This was very good and very filling!

 When Carlos got home from work we headed for the Kapalua Trails for an hour walk in the woods....
This was actually a beautiful double rainbow but I couldn't fit the whole thing in the pic....Sorry :-( An IPhone can only do so much I guess.....

Sunset and a rain shower over Molokai....
Pretty clouds on the horizon at Pohaku Beach.
Dinner.....
Dinner was a quick and easy Sushi inspired "Rice Bowl"
Seasoned Sushi Rice
Pickled Ginger from "The Ginger People"
Wasabi
Japanese Cucumbers
Local Avocado
Black Sesame
Crumbled Nori
( I then covered this with a ton of Spicy
Sriracha Sauce of course....)

Have a good night!
Aloha

4 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda,

    Quick question for you. I just started learning how to surf...but I feel like my hip bones are always getting bruised from how I lie on the board. My boyfriend obviously does not have this problem.

    Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum that rice bowl looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same thing happend to me when I started surfing years ago....There's really nothing you can do except surf more. I think your hips will just start to get use to it and stop swelling and bruising....That's what eventually happened for me. Now, if I go weeks without surfing ( like when I'm traveling ) my hips will bruise again after my first long session back in the water. After a week surfing it stops...
    Good luck.... Keep it up. It will change your life. Swear....

    ReplyDelete