Friday, June 4, 2010

Is it really June already?!

                So nice to have a day off....I can't even explain how great it is to sleep in until 8:30!
 This is going to be a long long summer.....
Morning Juice
This was delish!
Organic Beet
Local Organic Kale
Local Organic Oranges
Local Ginger

It was beautiful in West Maui today so I headed across the street with a book for about an hour.....
Pretty!
For lunch I made a huge "Acai Bowl" So good! I love these things!!
Sambazon Acai Puree
Organic Frozen Blueberries
Frozen Local Bananas
Stevia
Maca
Almond Milk
( mix in highspeed blender )
Then add.....
Fresh Bananas
"Lydia's Organics" Raw Apricot Sun Cereal

Then off to Kahalui to run some errands and to have an early dinner at Whole Foods Market :-)
Carlos hit the Salad Bar while I picked up some Veggie Sushi.
Never disappoints :-)

Anyway....Let's catch up!
I was busy busy at work this week but I managed to make some yummy eats to take with me for lunch.
Check it out........
Simple Vegan "Greek Salads" made with Organic Cucumbers, Kalamata Olives, Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, White Wine Vinegar and Cherry Tomatoes from my backyard.

Homemade "Veggie Sushi Takeaway" made with Local Maui Avocados, Organic Carrots, Organic Cucumber, White Sushi Rice, Vinegar/Agave/Sea Salt Seasoning for Rice and Black Sesame Seeds. Yes, Brown Rice would have been better but I'm still a "White Sticky Rice for Sushi" kind of girl....

And "Raw Vegan Herb Cheese Dip".....A recipe inspired by Gina's "Choosing Raw"
1 Cup Raw Cashews soaked overnight
1/2 local lemon juiced
1 Tb White Organic Miso
2 cloves of Garlic
handful of chopped Chives
Blend everything in the Vita Mixer or another highspeed blender ( except the chives...mix those in separately ) This seriously tastes just like any silky herby cheese dip on the market. I ate mine with chopped Carrots. This would also be great in a wrap or spread on a sandwich!

And of course my days would not be the same with out one of these in the mornings......
Other than a week full of high vegan cuisine, long hours at the office and staring at a VERY flat ocean....I also spent a few hours on the Elliptical Machine and treated myself to a massage at Maui Zen Day Spa.....
Anyway,
 The month  is still looking pretty crazy so bare with me :-)
See you very soon!
Aloha....

3 comments:

  1. There's something so peaceful about reading in a beautiful spot. Even when you're concentrating more on the book than the scenery, it absolutely relaxes you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What juicer to you use to make your drinks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a Breville for Juicing and a Vita Mix 5200 for my smoothies :-)

    ReplyDelete