Saturday, June 12, 2010

Garden Update

Nothing too exciting on the food front today....To be totally honest I didn't have much of an appetite to begin with? Strange, I know......

Breakfast was a repeat of yesterday so no need for a pic but for lunch I made some jasmine rice and sauteed veggies.
Green Beans
Onions
Carrots
Mushrooms
Cilantro
Lime
Shoyu
Sunflower Oil
black sesame seeds
I had to dry dock myself today because I busted my big toe last night while trying to garden in the dark ( ? ) Long story..... but I purchased some new herb plants last night and I couldn't wait to get them in pots.
I've had Staph enough times now to know that it's best to stay out of the water with an open cut.  So instead of surfing I took a book down to one of my favorite secret beaches....
My sister just moved to San Francisco this week so she'll be able to visit this famous farmer's market every weekend now. I'm pretty jealous.....
Well....sort of. I'd still rather be sitting here on a Saturday afternoon than freezing in San Fran.

Anyway,
Here's my garden update........
New Cilantro and Lemon Thyme
Thai Basil
Garlic Chives and Purple Basil
Apple Mint

Check out some of my trees.....
new Keffir Lime leaves
Baby Tangelo
Hawaiian Chili Peppers
For dinner I had some ice cream...
Yes, you heard me right.
And it was fabulous.......

Aloha

1 comment:

  1. So jealous of your garden. My herb garden is coming along nicely but I would love to start up a raised garden. With the baby and all though I just don't have the time right now. Maybe next year she can help me.

    Nothing wrong with dessert for dinner every now and then!

    ReplyDelete