Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Crazy week update!

Still trying to compete with a super busy schedule these days! So to make life easier I went on a little grocery trip yesterday to stock up for the week.
Garbanzo Beans
Carrots
Mixed Salad Greens
Garlic
Whole Wheat Pasta
Local Pineapple
Sprouted Extra Firm Tofu
Lemons
Won Ton Wrappers
Kabocha Squash
Green Onions
Cilantro
Big Island Asparagus
Limes
Kale
Avocados
Gala Apples

One of the best time savers I know is cleaning and bagging all my produce as soon as I get it from the store. I also decided to make some Fresh Pea and Tofu Pot Stickers. I froze these immediately to have on hand for a quick and easy meals.
Extra Firm Tofu, Thai Dragon Chilies, Lime Juice, Sea Salt, Mint and Cilantro combined in a food processor.
I used water as a seal.
 
Once frozen, I put these in zip lock bags....

So to handle my busy week I'm prepping my fruit and veggies the night before so they are ready for juicing at 6am.
1/2 Lb Kale
Lime or 1/2 Lemon
2 Gala Apples
1 peeled Cucumber
Mint

 AND I also picked up a ton of avocados and some yummy Whole Grain Plus Bread from "Miltons" so I can make yummy veggie sandwiches at work ( using the fixings from the cafeteria's salad bar )

Tomato
Lettuce
Avocado
Cheddar
I really need to cut out the Cow Cheeses but they taste so good :-(
Tabasco
Wheat Bread
Anyway...there's a quick update. Time to get some sleep.....
Aloha!

4 comments:

  1. So what is the purpose of cutting the dairy out again? Does it not make you feel good? You eat so well otherwise maybe just let the dairy go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cow's milk really bothers my stomach. I have to be really careful and only have small doses or just stick with goat cheeses. Trust me, if I could live on Brie and ice cream I would......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you crave any sweets and if so what type do you eat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I do crave sweets sometimes but nothing like I did when I was in my teens and 20s. I tend to have a glass of wine after dinner instead of dessert now.
    However, I love Ice Cream but I can't really eat it anymore so I'm been turning to "Purely Decadent's" Coconut Milk based Ice Creams. So far I think they make the best non dairy desserts out there ( I've tried them all! )and they pretty much satisfy any craving I'm having.
    I also like good chocolate and I like milk chocolate over dark...the creamier the better. I also love "Tim Tams" and "Bounty Bars" but the are hard to find in the US ( if at all....)

    ReplyDelete