Sunday, May 16, 2010

Time to go home...

This was the last of my coffees.....I missed my Green Juice!

A trip to Hollywood Beach would not have been complete without a stop at Mrs. Olson's Coffee Hut. During our summers in Hollywood Beach about 25 years ago my sister, dad and I had breakfast here almost daily!

I always ordered a plain bagel with 2 cream cheeses, hot cocoa and whipped cream ( so healthy huh? )  so I decided to do the same for tradition ( minus the hot cocoa though....)
They didn't have plain so I had the "Everything" bagel instead. When I was a kid the cream cheese came in little paper sample cups. I remember is was always so light and fluffy. Fast forward two and a half decades and you now get Philadelphia Cream Cheese in a plastic pouch. It wasn't the same :(  Oh well, a bagels a bagel right?
I'm happy to say that not much else has changed at Mrs. Olson's.
Sometimes you can go home.....
Time to go back to Hawaii.....

But not without a stop in Malibu for some souvenirs of course!
Malibu Kitchen and Gourmet Market for lunch.
I had a very big Grilled Veggie Sammie
Santa Monica
Venice

Then on to LAX
And back home to Maui......
Aloha

1 comment: