Friday, May 14, 2010

Farmer's Market in Hollywood Beach

When my sister and I were little we spent our summers on our bicycles. Hollywood Beach is still a perfect place for this....
We heard that there was a excellent Farmer's Market down by the marina so we had to check it out!
Wow! Now those are some artichokes! I must be in Cali.....





Peppers and Cactus....great:)





Gotta love Mango anything right?

The dude selling this stuff wouldn't let me try this???....He said it was too hot for me?! Apparently this guy has no idea who he's talking too. I live for this sort of stuff.....At one point I started to get an attitude over it but my sister grabbed me and told me to just "Let it go....."
Anyway, irritated.....

Carlos, Erin and Eron sampling some flavored almonds...

Carlos's Fish Tacos. These smelled amazing.....

Channel Islands Harbor

After the Farmer's Market we had some Blood Orange Margaritas at the Embassy Suites....Yummy!


We used to live right across the street from this resort when we lived in Mandalay Bay. I thought it was the coolest place ever....Very "Hotel California".

Dinner at Brophy Bros in the Ventura Marina...


Carlos's Plate of Raw Oysters...eww
Eron giving them a go...
I'll just stick with the bread.....I love fish places because they always seem to have the most amazing hot sour dough bread!
Brophy's didn't have anything vegetarian on the menu but they were nice enough to make me a "special" fancy salad....

Weekend in California: To be contin....

2 comments:

  1. Wow that farmers market was so amazing! Reminds me of the St. Augustine one. I can't believe that guy wouldn't let you try the peppers. That was just like when my Dad and I ate Indian one time...the chef wouldn't give me the spice level I wanted because he said I couldn't handle it. (Can't say he got the greatest tip)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi The Grains of Paradise,
    We appreciate you mentioning Brophy Bros. on your blog. We are pleased you enjoyed your "special" fancy salad. It looks like Eron is struggling with the raw oysters. Hope to see you again. By the way the Farmers Market photos look great.
    Best wishes,
    John Bennett
    Brophy Bros.

    ReplyDelete