Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wiki Post

Quick post tonight because I have about a million things to do but I wanted to check in and say Aloha:-)

First things first, I ran out of kale...and apples. Boo.
So I stopped on the way to work at the Farmer's Market in Honokowai for a Green Juice 7:30 am.

Mix Your Own ( all organic )
cucumber
apples
ginger
lemon

mmmmm....samples

I'm happy I stopped for a juice because I ended up grabbing one on these Chocolate Coconut Raw Organic Food Bars
OMG this was soooooo good. I can honestly say I liked it much better than any Larabar or Pure Bar that I've had AND they are about $1 less. Nice.

Lunch
I don't know what this is....First of all, I completely burned my bread. Then, I used cottage cheese instead of my usual chedder from the cafeteria.
Result: Ewe

Next!
After work, Carlos and I took a beautiful hike up into the West Maui Mountains...Sorry, But I forgot to bring a camera with me......It was a "chilly" day here on Maui. Very odd for mid April..... However, the rain stayed away and the sunset over Molokai this evening was spectacular.

Dinner
Coconut Red Lentil Soup - Vegetarian
served on top of Basmati rice
( from Heidi Swanson's 101 Cookbooks click for recipe )

Amazing....
Sorry, but I have no words. You'll just have to make it......I promise, you'll thank yourself.
We paired it with a simple side salad of Hana Farms organic Red Leaf lettuce and some Annie's Goddess Dressing.
Oh, And a glass of Argentine Malbec......Perfect.

G'Night!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I've been reading your blog for a few months now and am totally in awe of your great island lifestyle! I'm trying to eat more unprocessed foods and just got a juicer myself!

    Anyway, maybe I missed a post on this topic awhile back but I wondered if you wouldn't mind talking about how you cut meat out of your diet (something I'm wrestling with) and weight loss... I have about 10ish pounds to get back to my comfy weight and wondered what thoughts you might have? How do you stay away from the junk food? (Or maybe you just don't get tempted by it?) How do you stay full on fruits and veggies? I try but I just get hungry for protein! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem:-) I will do a post on this topic. Mahalo for the idea and thanks for reading! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete