Saturday, April 24, 2010

Short Day at the Office

This is what it looked like when I got to work today.....
NOT. FAIR.
Looks like our chilly/windy/rainy/"Mainland like" weather has passed....
All I could think about all morning was how much I couldn't wait to get out of my heels and on to that sand!

Breakie
Fresh Juice
Organic Cucumber
local Hana Oranges
local organic Ginger
Organic Carrots
Organic Fuji Apple

After an early day at the office I headed home and made myself a salad for lunch.
Organic Kabocha Squash
Hana Farms Organic Lettuce
Local Tomatoes
Kalamata Olives
Annie's Goddess Dressing
I also broke up one of these yummy "Raw Vegan" crackers for croutons....These are great and I loved the addition of cold sweet squash with my salad.

I then headed to one of my favorite "secret spots" on island to relax and read my book ( "The Happy Isles of Oceania" by Paul Thoreaux ) 
Not bad huh?


After a couple of lazy hours in the sun.... Carlos and I had a mad hankering for some chocolate so we decided to whip up a healthy creamy shake.
Chocolate Banana Milkshake - vegan ( 2 )
2 cups Organic Vanilla Almond Milk
3 frozen large Local Bananas
3 heaping Tbs Organic Raw Cacao Powder ( Nativas Natural Brand )
4 packets of Stevia
1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
1 heaping Tb Organic Lacuma Powder ( Nativas Natural Brand )
1 tsp Maca Powder
Place all in highspeed blender until smooth.
FYI-This is to die for......


Dinner
Seemed like a perfect night to make "Smitten Kitchen's" famous Tomato and Onion Sauce and Pasta.
Always amazing.....

SIDE NOTE!
Sorry for not posting yesterday but after work Carlos and I made a Costco/Whole Foods/Surf Shop run to the other side of the island and we didn't get home until after 10 pm.....

Anyway.....I just want to mention again how happy we are that Whole Foods Market is finally here on Maui!!!
We ended up eating at the salad bar again last night.
So yummy!!
Love Love Love!!

Mixed Organic Greens
Hummus ( Love WF's Hummus! )
Dolmas
Red Quinoa
Cute Tomatoes
Red Grapes
Croutons
Artichokes
Vegan Lemon Herb Dressing
I also had about 1/3 of this decadent ( and very $$$ ) "Righteously Raw" Vegan Chocolate and Carmel Bar. Very Yum.
The all organic ingredients include: Cocao Butter, Cocao Powder, Bahri Dates, Lucuma, Agave Nectar, Vanilla and Himalayan Pink Salt.

Awesome....

See y'all  soon!
Aloha



2 comments:

  1. Coconut curry crackers sound awesome! What interesting flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how "mainland like" is used to describe chilly, rainy gray weather. Because that's totally what I see looking out my window right now. :)

    ReplyDelete