Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Makawao, Paia and Lahaina Town.....

Aloha!
Sorry I cut it so short yesterday but to be frank the rest of my day was pretty uneventful....Carlos went off to work and I spent the evening reading. For dinner I had a bowl of Basmati Rice with some soy sauce. Pretty exciting "Saturday" night for me as usual....

Anyway
Today I decided to head up to Makawao and Paia for a bit of window shopping and lunch.
"Pink by Nature"
One of my favorite shops on Maui.....



Mahina in Paia always has such cute affordable stuff  :-)

Sweet doggie waiting for his owner outside of Maui Girl.

For lunch I decided on Cafe Mambo....It's been a long time since I have indulged myself at this yummy Paia cafe.
Looks good but I just had a water.....

I had an order of their "Vegetarian Spinach and Mushroom Fajitas". Always great!
I topped my Fajitas with black beans, feta, sour cream, guacamole, salsa and some salad.
mmmmmmmm

Too bad the boy wasn't able to join me today because he really missed out.

When I got home I tried out a new yoga DVD....
It was about an hour long.....pretty easy and relaxing :-)
I want to be better about getting more yoga time in....I wish I LOVED it like sooooo many people I know but honestly I just don't. However, it's good for me and if anyone needs to learn how to chill out a bit more it's me. I know it might not seem that way in my posts but it's true. I'm a major worry wart about everything.....

Then,
For dinner I stopped by Lahaina Coolers for some take out....Carlos was working so I brought him some fish tacos. I'm cool like that sometimes....
I had a glass of New Zealand Sauvi while I waited :-)
mmmmm.....Coolers has the best bread!
I ordered the Greek Salad. Loved the dressing!

Then I had to make a stop at Longs Drugs.....
Oh crap!
Look whats made it's way into Hawaiian waters?? What the hell?
This is one of the three items that are banned from our house....
(Blue Cheese Dressing, Nutella and TIM TAMS!)

However.....Tim Tams were only found in the Southern Hemi ( or so I thought......)
THIS. IS. NOT. GOOD.

Anyway.....Stuff to do tonight.....see y'all later.
Aloha

5 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a lovely day! I must say I'm a yoga fan, however, I tend to like the Vinyasa flow more than the easy relaxing type. The funny thing is I do a lot of yoga but need to chill out a bit too. I get antsy sitting the first minute of class where we just breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda! I saw Tim Tams in my grocery store in Scottsdale! I somehow remembered that you banned them (I haven't tried them yet), but I had to giggle because it's much easier to ban them when they are only sold in Australia! Now you're in trouble...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alhoa!

    New follower to your gorgeous blog! I am currently writing a guest post on my top 10 favorite things to do/see in Maui, and I was wondering if I could use your first photo of Cafe Mambo with a reference back to your blog? I have loads and loads of pictures from my trips to Maui, but that vertical one of the cafe is just perfect for my photo collage on the North Shore.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete