Monday, April 12, 2010

Last Day in Hana

We decided to take advantage of the sun and head back down to Hamoa...
After several hours, we both got some surf time in.....Hamoa Beach is nothing less than spectacular. The water is the color of London Blue topaz and it just feels silky smooth.....There's just something about this place that gives me that feeling of space and peace that I've been chasing for years. I could seriously spend a week sitting just right here.....
It was pushing 2:30 by the time we were done surfing so we decided to treat ourselves to lunch at the Hotel Hana.....
Lucky for us we just made it in time :-)
Australian Chardonnay

From our table we could see the pathway down to the Honua Spa....One of my favorite places to drop a few bills.
I had the Maui onion, Mushroom, and Blue Cheese Pizza. It was awesome of course....

Our goal was to make it back to the West Side by sundown so after lunch we set off....

I have to admit, over the years I've heard so many people gripe about "That Road to Hana"....And I always hear the same complaint over and over, "The road to Hana was sooooooo long! And then you get there and there is nothing to do!!"

You know what.....the road to Hana IS long and YES there is "nothing" to do.
Isn't that wonderful?

Anyway, I'm sorry but I happen to love boring, quiet, peaceful, green and wild Hana. 

See you next time Fat Head...

Aloha from Latitude 21


No comments:

Post a Comment