Monday, April 12, 2010

Back to Reality....

Mmmmm check out the Mango-Coconut Jam I bought at the Hana Fresh....Can't wait to try!

Anyway....back to the real world.
16 oz of Green Juice!

1 bunch organic kale
1 cucumber
1/3 local lemon
1 bunch organic Kapalua Farms cilantro
1 organic Granny Smith Apple

I've decided to to spruce up my cafeteria sandwitch a bit. I purchased some Rudi's Organic Bakery Spelt grain bread to replace the corn syrup laden whole wheat bread I've been eating. I also brought my own Annie's Goddess dressing to replace the cafeteria's Italian for my sandwitch dressing....
I'm liking the "upgrade"
The Spelt bread was really good ( nutty tasting and dense....Love the Annie's Dressing too:-)

Lunch
Veggie Sammie
2 slices Spelt bread
sharp cheddar
swiss
tomatoes
onions
lettuce
Annie's Goddess Dressing

After work I headed to Maui Zen Day Spa for an hour long massage ( a birthday present from Mom! )
It was amazing....I seriously almost fell asleep. If I ever have any money someday I will have no issue getting these at least twice a month!

Dinner
Some Hana Fresh produce....
I mixed some cherry tomatoes with some chopped kalamata olives and then added some basil from my yard. I then tossed this with some beautiful Red Leafed lettuce and Annie's Goddess Dressing.

I then roasted an organic acorn squash with some local Maui honey, sea salt and cayenne pepper. I also cooked up some quinoa..... To the quinoa I added some chopped dried apricots, pine nuts, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and a little bit of olive oil.

Everything tasted perfect.....I love eating colorful island grown foods.
I think Carlos will be stoked on the leftovers when he's pau with work too.

See you manana....

4 comments:

  1. I love Annie's Goddess dressing. In fact my hubby and I just made it through almost a whole bottle. That jam looks amazing. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie Goddess dressing is SO good. The jam looks great too! I would love to go somewhere BORING. Relaxing is the spice of life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...and my sister and I got my Dad an hour massage at Maui Zen with Mary Jane. His birthday is Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that mango coconut jam looks amazing!!! wish we had that in California!

    ReplyDelete