Monday, March 15, 2010

Week Over....Finally.

Today is my Friday! However, I'm going to the dentist tomorrow so I'm feeling kind of nervous.....Let me just say this, it's been a long, long, time coming.
I'm going in for a routine cleaning and x-rays but I know I'm going to get a huge scolding. Is that weird that I'm more scared to face my dentist than the possibility of a mouth full of cavities?...You see, I have ( had?) pretty nice teeth ( shocking....because I'm like 0 for 206 with the rest of my body parts, allergies and stress related aliments ) But, seriously... my dentists have always marvelled at natural whiteness of my teeth. On top of that, I've only had one shallow cavity? ( more of a percaution b/c it wasn't a "true" cavity )  so I'm going to feel like a major dumbass if I've screwed that up now....
Anyway, I'm already in big trouble because I let all 4 wisdom teeth grow in and this has unfortunately messed up years  ( 5! ) of orthadontia in my front lowers....idiot.

Well, wish me luck....
The only thing that makes me feel any better is the fact that Carlos admitted that he has probably not been to the dentist in over 10 years!! OMG!  He's actually too scared to go now! I kind of don't blame him......Still, no excuse.
 Geez.....
For Breakie
Kale Lemonaid

1 Bunch organic kale
2 organic Granny Smith Apples
1/2 local lemon ( peeled )

place all in Juicer

Lunch
 My usual boring cafeteria salad.....
romaine
tomatoes
chick peas
kidney beans
cottage cheese
olives
croutons
Italian dressing

GYM
Treadmill 40 minutes ( 30 minutes running, 10 power walking )
200 Ab crunches
This was a bit harder than yesterday....It's been a long time since I've ran 30 minutes. In fact I'm shocked I pulled it off....I didn't run the whole thing straight. At around 15 min I took a 2 minute walking break and then continued. I was suffering from a side cramp. However, I made it in the end ( the other walking minutes came from a warm up and cool down....)
My goal is 30 minutes straight ( 3 miles )

Note: a few of my friends have signed up to run the Maui Marathon in Sept. They also offer the half  marathon at the same time and I have toyed with that idea before ( until I broke my toes during training for it 6 weeks out! ) Anyway, it's just an idea right now.....We'll see if it turns into more. 

After the gym ( and a lot of water later) I had a glass of Pinot Grigio for a sunset Pau Hana :-)
mmmmmmm....tasted good :-)

Ever since we had dinner at Mala friday night I've had a huge hankering for their famous edamame dip and salsa.

Wow! I think I nailed it!

Edamame Dip - Vegan

1 16oz package of shelled edamame ( steamed )
2 Tb rice wine vinegar
2 Tb olive oil
cracked pepper
about a 1/2 tsp of sea salt ( or more to taste )
thin with water if need be...
Place all ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor. Serve chilled with salsa and organice blue corn chips!

I made a simple, thin salsa as well......
Salsa Roja

2 -14 oz cans organic diced tomatoes ( drained )
1 tsp olive oil
1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
1.5 tsp red wine vinegar
salt to taste ( about 1/2 tsp? )

Place all in highspeed blender until fully combined.

Think this might end up being my dinner....I'm pretty tired right now and all I feel like doing is watching a movie or reading a mag....
So, be back soon!
xo xo

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, the last time I went to the dentist was 13 years ago when I was in high school!! I recently went and got good and bad news. The good news was I only had two very small cavities. The bad news was that I had such terrible gums, I needed to have "deep cleaning" done, which required two sessions, shots to numb my mouth, and a mad amount of nitrous oxide LOL. But it was the BEST thing I ever did and I can now rest easy knowing my teeth are OK and to take the best care of them. So good for you for going!! Good luck! You'll be so glad :-_)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel! I do feel better now....this guy I work with didn't go for years and ended up with two root canals and said he never even had a cavity before! He's been freaking me out all week about it! Ahhh!!!

    ReplyDelete