Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday = Farmer's Markets

Always so many little things to take care of on my day off.....I had to run to Lahaina to take care of some errands this morning and on the way home I stopped at the Farmer's Market in Honokowai for their famous Acai Bowl!

frozen Acai Berry
frozen mixed berries
local apple banana
flax seed granola

This was delish! But, it was $5.99. I'm thinking I could make this myself at home for a few bucks less. I spied a tub of Sambazon Acai Powder at the store too. I'm debating on making the investment. Any one try this before?

I also stopped at this cute new Farmer's Market stand right next to the Sugar Cane Train Station in Ka'anapali....I scored a bunch of yummy stuff for only $13.50





I purchased...
green beans
tomatoes
cucumbers
zucchini
lemons
limes
mushrooms
potatoes


Can't wait to make something with those beans :-)

For lunch Carlos and I decided to head back to the Farmer's Market in Honokowai to check out their hot bar.
I had two mini ( about 4" each ) Vegan Burritos made with black beans, corn, rice, tomatoes and taco seasoning. I doused these with Hana Pineapple and Lime hot sauce! So good! No need for cheese or sour cream!

GYM
I dragged myself to the gym today.....honestly, I reeeaaallly didn't want to go but I knew I would feel better if I did.
30 minutes Elliptical
200 ab crunches

Good thing I have a ton of things to distract me while I'm at the gym ( Palm Trees, surf, humpback whales breaching, Entertainment Tonight, Anderson Cooper, Ipod, Australian Food mags etc.)


Baby Bouganvilla

Italian Basil

mini Maui shell collection

baby lettuce

Sorry...Just some random pics of my backyard about an hour before sunset. My favorite time of the day :-) Nothing like Spring at latitude 21 N.

Dinner was a repeat from last week but oh....so good!

Thai Basil

Kaffir

Perfect homemade Red Thai Curry....I'm a genius.

With Basmati Rice and Cilantro ( Coriander )
Perfect.

ALOHA

4 comments:

  1. Love the backyard pics, Mandy! Mmmm...and of course the food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the backyard pictures. And your curry looks so good. I can't seem to get my curry quite right. I used curry paste and it just tastes flat. Do you use a mix of your own spices or do you use paste?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made my own mix this time and it seriously came out way better than using the paste! It was a mixture of Sriracha Sauce, peanut butter, keffir leaves, coconut milk, agave, garlic and ginger. I think I posted the recipe about two weeks ago but this time I added zucchini and a probably doubled the salt :-) I didn't follow any sort of recipe I just kind of made it up as I went.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, thanks. I printed the old recipe. I just will have to find some keffir lime leaves. I will blog about it once I make it!

    ReplyDelete