Monday, March 29, 2010

Sunshine Awards


I just want to take a minute to thank Erin at "Travel, Eat, Repeat" for nominating me for a Sunshine Award. Erin's currently travelling through Australia and New Zealand and reading her blog has become a morning routine for me these days.... Yes, I'll be honest.....I'm the chick who lives in Hawaii but spends her days daydreaming about moving to Oz.....The grass is always greener isn't it?

So, To spread the love I will go ahead and nominate my 12 favorite blogs....
( This was a hard choice for me because there are so many GREAT blogs out there! )

The Rules...
1.Put the logo on your blog in your post.
2.Pass the award onto 12 bloggers.
3.Link the nominees within your site.
4.Let the nominees know that they received this award by commenting on their blog.
5.Share the love and link to the person to who you received this award.


1. Eat, Live, Run - I've been reading Jenna's blog for over a year now and it's been so fun reading about her move from Tampa, Florida to the Somona Wine Country.
2. The Hungry Yogini-Courtney (another Florida girl) is currently studing abroad in Paris, France. Beautiful pictures. Beautiful food. Thanks again for the inspiration Courtney :-)
3. Pastries and Bacon - I love Melissa's blog about eating well in Los Angeles. Melissa found my blog months ago and we became quick friends. Check out her adorable new puppy "Kihei"!
4. Kath Eat Real Food - I love Kath's approach to eating well. All of her dishes look amazing and her photography is stunning!
5. Tales From the Motherhood-Wendy is a friend of mine from Highschool. She writes a hilarious blog about raising three kids as well as recounting her days as a teenage actress in Hollywood. She literally makes me laugh out loud. Thanks Wendy.
6. Sweetly Raw-Heather is a raw vegan chef who loves to travel. Check out her blog....her raw vegan desserts are absolutely amazing!
7. Inspire 2 Act-Lori's blog was the first blog I started reading about 2 years ago. She's a raw vegan living in Southern Cal raising two great kids. Her posts are always very real and inspirational.
8. Plato's Plate-Amanda is another friend from Highschool who is currently living in San Diego. Amanda blogs about cooking, yoga and travelling. Her posts are always such a treat to read:-)
9. Carrots 'n' Cake- I love Tina's blog because she has such a balanced approach to working out and eating well. She also has the cutest Pug puppy that I just can't get enough of!
10. Oh She Glows-Angela's vegan inspired blog is awesome because it's so packed with amazing information. She also owns "Glo Bakery" where she makes a great selection of healthy energy bars!
11. Healthy Tipping Point. Caitlin is another Floridian who blogs about her vegetarian lifestyle and her training sessions. Caitlin is a marathon runner who just completed her first Triathlon. So cool!
12. Kristen's Raw- Kristen is a successful raw vegan chef in Arizona who is also an author of several raw vegan cookbooks. At the moment Kristen is also pregnant and it's been so cool reading about her journey!

Thanks again everyone:-)

5 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks Mandy! Cheers to our friendship, good food, great talks, and perhaps a future meeting if I ever come out to Maui (which should be soon!) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You absolutely made my day. Thank you for sending me some much needed sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, thank you so much! It feels so good to be appreciated and acknowledged. This just makes me want to keep blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete