Saturday, March 13, 2010

Routine

Well, looks as if our typical Maui weather has finally returned ( for now ) It's suppose to get miserable again on Mon/Tues ( ummm ...my days off of course ) Oh well, I'm sure my skin will thank me some day.
Sun + 81 degrees = slow day at the office.
I mean really......I'd be at the beach too right now to if I could be. Well, technically I AM at the beach right now but you know what I mean.

Breakfast was typical...
Green Lemonaid ( to go )

1 bunch of organic kale
1/3 local lemon
2 large organic Granny Smith apples
( all in the juicer )

Lunch was even more typical ( I won't bore you with a pic )

Salad

romaine
tomatoes
chick peas
kidney beans
croutons
cottage cheese
olives
Italian dressing

After work....

Gym
30 minutes on the elliptical machine 
200 Ab crunches
stretch 
And a post work out snack to tie me over until dinner...
Strawberry Smoothie in a Bowl

frozen strawberries
frozen banana
almond milk
stevia
vanilla extract
yacon powder
maca
lucuma powder

For Dinner this evening Carlos and I took advantage of a gift certificate and headed to Mala an Ocean Tavern in Lahaina....
 Again, sorry for my grainy iphone pics but we were sitting outside, right next to the ocean and my only light source was a single tiki torch.....


I LOVE this stuff! It's Pureed Edamame paired with a Chipotle Salsa. This is complementary and it's served with tortilla chips. mmmmmmm
( shared )

"Big Island Ali'i Mushrooms" with garlic and parsley a la pancha 
$15
( shared )

"Special"
Burrotta ( the most luxurious cheese on the planet ) served with flax seed bread, Olowalu yellow and red tomatoes, basil, figs and balsamic reduction.
This was incredible!
$18?
( shared )

"Beet and Surfing Goat Cheese salad"
mixed greens, red beets, macadamia nut encrusted local goat cheese, fennel vinaigrette
This is a favorite of mine at Mala. Probably the best beet salad I've ever had.
Sorry terrible pic! This was my "Main"
$13

FYI-I also enjoyed 2 unpictured glasses of Sauvignon Blanc.

 I've probably mentioned this before but I'll say it again. Mala is my favorite place to eat on Maui. Mala offers a ton of veggie friendly options ( vegan and vegetarian)  like their "Gado Gado Salad" or their "Adult Mac and Cheese" (soooo decadent! )  AND my carnivore boyfriend can choose from meat inspired dishes like the "Hoisin Glazed Baby Back Ribs", "Snake River Farms Kobe Beef Cheeseburger" or their beautiful "Whole Wok Fried Fish"
Mala is located right on the ocean on Front Street very near the "Old Lahaina Luau". It's island style casual but "dress up/date" friendly as well.
They also offer lunch and a fantastic weekend brunch.
Quick note: Mala gest very busy at night so reservations are highly recommended :-)
808-667-9394


Looks like somebody else had a "date" too.....
Lovers


ALOHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment