Monday, March 1, 2010

Quick Recap...

Aloha! Sorry to have been missing the last couple of days but sometimes life just gets in the way.....So, here's a little recap of some yummy dishes I had over the weekend...

On Tsunami Saturday we ended up going to Bamboo Bar and Grill in Lahaina for 1/2 off Sushi around 5 o'clock. Can you believe the ocean was still acting a little crazy 6 hours later?! We were still experiencing extreme tidal swings about every 5 minutes.....bizarre.

Here's an updated shot of the Kapalua Airport road around 10 am right before they closed the roads in Maui County....
Fun times.....

Good ol' Bamboos...

Carlos on his game.

"The Standards"
Tofu Summer Rolls with Peanut Satay and Sriracha ( obviously ) and 2 Veggie Sushi Rolls

Mmmmm.....hit the spot!

I have to say this....one of the biggest effects of Saturday's Tsunami scare was a major hangover felt across the state. I can't tell you how many people I talked to on Sunday that felt like complete hell. I guess when you can't leave your home and all the roads are closed  what else do you do??? Hahaha....

Incase anyone was wondering, I had 2 of these around noon.....

And one of these at Bamboos....
Sunday headache??
Yes.

What else.....
Well, I made another batch of "Smitten Kitchen's" famous simple red sauce....I can't even explain how frigging obsessed Carlos and I are with this dish! So easy....so clean tasting. Ya know, it really reminds me of a very simple pasta I ordered about a 100 times when I was staying on the island of Moorea. I remember the sauce being so beautiful, so unfussy looking and the flavor being perfectly intense! Now I'm wondering if they were using the same recipe from "Smitten Kitchen" at cafe "Les Tipaniers"?
Excellant......

I had some leftover pasta so I also made a wonderful cold Pasta Salad.
"Rocket Salad"

cold pasta
rocket (arugula)
blanched asparagus
lemon juice and zest
e.v.o.o.
white wine vinegar
cracked black pepper
salt to taste

to be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment