Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lake Pacific

I was able to get off work early today so I headed to Pohaku Beach ( S-Turns ) with book.....
( I'm trying to get as much sun time as possible because the upcoming forecast looks pretty grim. )

Anyway....
I've been using the gym a lot these days and I've been making a point to get back into running on the Treadmill. In all honesty, I'd rather be spending my time surfing but with my new job's hours and typical crappy March weather it's been hard.....
(However, Why is the ocean always so flat when it's finally nice out???)

Gym
40 minutes on the Treadmill
( 25 min running time, 15 power walking )
20 Elliptical Machine
200 Ab crunches

For Dinner....
Penang Thai Curry - Vegan
                                                                                 
 1 can coconut milk
1/2 cup water or more depending on how thick you want it.
1 Tb smooth peanut butter
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp agave syrup
1 Tb Sriracha Sauce ( or more )
1.5 Tb minced ginger
3 cloves minced garlic
4 Keffir lime leaves
( combine in small sauce pan over med heat)

Then....
1 and 1/2 Maui onions sliced
3 carrots sliced
1 cup peas
1 red potato
2 small Molokai purple potatoes
1 yellow potato
( sautee in large skillet with 1 Tb veggie oil until veggies soften )

Add Penang Sauce to skillet and cook on low for about 10 more minutes. Add more water if need be and a bunch of Thai Basil. Done.

Top with cilantro and crushed peanuts...

We paired our Curry with Black Jasmine Rice....
Well, it's about 10:30 now and it's POURING out.....Good thing I got a little beach time in today:-)
See you soon!
Aloha....

No comments:

Post a Comment