Friday, February 19, 2010

Doldrums

Aloha! Just another work day for me....nothing special. However, I did take some time to stretch out on the beach for a bit late morning. Too bad I was wearing black slacks and a dressy blouse......Sometimes it hard working so close to the beach and not really being able to enjoy it....Oh well, beats the Mainland grind I guess?
Heels off!

At least I'm not missing any surf right?

Anyway,
I made a yummy green juice to take to work with me this morning....
Green Juice

1 lb organic kale
1 organic pear
1 organic Granny Smith Apple
handful of local organic mint
1/3 local lemon


Lunch was my usual......( FYI-time to find something new to eat in the cafeteria )
Blah Blah Blah
I also had some unpictured "Nilla Wafers"....Let me just say this, I don't remember "Nilla Wafers" being so "greasy" tasting?? Almost like they were dipped in lard? Hmmmm, they probably were....eww.

After work Carlos and I took a hike up in the jungle behind Kapalua....The Kapalua Hiking trails are always a nice place to unwind after a long day at the beach office. That is of course if you can escape the afternoon down pours up there.....Unfortunately today, we did not.....
Wow, what a muddy mess.....my poor running shoes:-(

Dinner

Vegan Pad Thai

I'm bummed....I had some high expectations for this "Pad Thai" sauce from "Tasty Bite" because everything else I have tried from this company has been really good! ( mostly Indian cuisine though ) However, this Pad Thai sauce came out really bland :-(
So, to spice it up a bit I added some soy sauce, lime juice and some Thai Chilies..... 
This helped out a lot but all I could think about when I was eating it was, "How much extra salt did I really just add to this already salty dish?!" Anyway, I should be nice and bloated by morning.....perfect!
 
I also added, chopped peanuts, cilantro and extra firm tofu to the mix....
( I also has 1 glass of Pinot Grigio )

On a more positive note "Thai Kitchen's" rice noodles were awesome!

Next topic....
Anybody out there experimenting with any Peruvian Superfoods? They seem to be allllll over the blog world these days....Ya know what I'm talking about... foods like chia seeds, yacon, lucuma and maca.....Anyway, I've been dying to try them but they are just soooo $$$$ here on Maui so I've always passed :-)
However, a couple of weeks ago Tina from Carrots 'n' Cake recommended the website http://www.iherb.com/ for supplements like these so I decided to give it a go.....iherb's prices were about two thirds of what I would pay for most of these supplements here on Maui so I ended up ordering some yesterday...I'll let you know when they arrive.
Aloha!

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm pad thai - sounds so delish. BTW I love your pics, I really need to visit Maui again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Pad thai is my favorite -- could eat bowls of the stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha Erin, If you can, try Rice Bowl in Bondi Beach...great Pad Thai....great everything:-)

    ReplyDelete