Sunday, February 21, 2010

Decadent

Okay....so,  I don't want to bored you with my repetitious diet these days ( Breakfast=Green juice, Lunch=a certain dairy product + toast ) so instead I figured I would skip to dinner to talk about something a hell of a lot more interesting!!!

Butter....

Well, actually.... Butter+Tomatoes+Onion

In fact, Carlos is laying on the couch at the moment mumbling about how absolutely fabulous his dinner was.......

So, here you go...
The easiest Red Sauce ever!
2, 14oz cans organic tomatoes ( including liquid )
1/2 large onion ( I used a Maui onion ....duh )
5 Tb real salted organic butter
pinch of salt

Place all ingredients in medium sauce pan ( cut onion in half and add half to sauce...don't chop it, just throw it in whole ) Bring to boil.....reduce to simmer for 45-50 minutes. Remove from heat, remove onion, add salt to taste.....done.
FYI-No garlic, no red wine, no pinch of sugar.... just 4 simple ingredients....how easy can it get??

Carlos is claiming "Best Red Sauce Ever"....I think I might have to agree...looks like our "Classico" days are all pau....
Oh. My. God.

I just want to give out a big Mahalo to Melissa at "Pastries and Bacon" for introducing me to this simply amazing recipe from "Smitten Kitchen"....This was insane :-)

Tomorrow is my "Friday".....see y'all soon.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda! This is so bizarre! I just made this EXACT sauce for dinner last night too! I love smitten kitchen. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay looks fabulous! Thanks for the sweet shout out - xo!

    ReplyDelete