Friday, February 12, 2010

Cracking Coconuts

Quick post because I have a million things to do before I go to bed tonight but I just had to say that I made the best juice ever this morning!!! It was somewhat inspired by a $10 green juice I had in Bondi Beach ( Australia ) a few months ago....
Apple Mint Juice
2 large organic Granny Smith Apples
3 cups organic fresh spinach
handful of fresh local mint leaves
So Good!

I also made an attempt today to open two local young coconust using a hacksaw.  This was REALLY hard and I don't recommend doing this on your own but I am determined to make raw vegan coconut ice cream tomorrow and I needed fresh coconut meat.



Fresh coconut water ( well, what didn't end up on the kitchen floor....)

Anyway, I will be asking the Argentine for his assistance next time...good lord.

Aloha!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks intense. Can you count opening a coconut as your workout for the day? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new juicer! I absolutely love mine and of course the Vita-mix...Such a great blog...Makes me miss the Islands (have been back Stateside for almost a year now!) It's snowing here in the South! Crazy! Need to send my honey out for some coconuts to make me feel better!

    ReplyDelete