Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Costa del Sol

So after I finished blogging this morning I made myself a little bowl of yummy apple oatmeal:-)
Apple Oats
1/2 organic Granny Smith apple cubed
1/2 c rolled oats
1 c almond milk
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tb organic agave
1 Tb organic peanut butter
1/2 Tb hemp seeds

This was very filling! Infact, I was pretty much full all day thanks to this little bowl:-) So, that meant no interruptions at the beach!!
Yup! That's right! The sun finally came out around 10 am today yey!!!!!
However, it was SUPER windy today thanks to the refreshing return of our tradewinds
so I decided to head down south to Lahaina where it's a little bit more protected.




This place must have a pretty crappy view wouldn't you think?
Anyway, not bad pics for an Iphone...

"Baby Beach" is located next to a large lagoon. It is protected from surf thanks to a large outer reef that is about 300-400 yards off shore. The water stays really warm and people like to bring keiki down here because it's pretty shallow and safe:-)

After a few hours on the sand I went home and made a little snack before getting a much needed haircut!
Carrots
Celery
Annie's Goddess Dressing

Then it was off to the gym......
45 minutes Elliptical level 7
300 mixed Ab crunches


Carlos is working tonight so I pulled grabbed some hom made potstickers out of the freezer for an easy meal for one :-)
Potstickers
Filling...
organic peas
extra firm sprouted organic tofu
Thai Dragon chilies
Dip...
Mix of Thai sweet chili sauce, fresh squeezed OJ, fresh squeezed Tahitian lime juice, chopped cilantro

First, I heated up about 1Tb of Macadamia nut oil in a med sized skillet on med heat. I then added the frozen potstickers to the skillet and browned the bottoms for about 3-4 mins. Then, I added about 1/4 c of water to the pan, turned the heat to low and covered it to let the potstickers "steam" for about 5 more minutes...Done!

Back to the grind tomorrow...
Aloha!

4 comments:

  1. 2 comments about your pictures:

    1. Are you trying to drive me insane with jealousy? Lol. It's still several months before I get to see beach days like that over here. At least, beach days where I won't be bundled up ( though on sunday I have plans to do a polar bear plunge)

    2. I can't believe those were taken with an iphone. I think the quality is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helloo! I stumbled across your blog after reading your comment on the OSG, Tick Tock post. I really like your blog! Hawaii sounds like a dream right now. I am in NYC and it is brutally cold. Looking forward to reading more about healthy living in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love Baby Beach! Such a nice place to read and relax. Hope your work week goes well!
    http://platosplate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the sweet comments....after being here 11 years I sometimes forget how rad this place is hahaaaa xoxo

    ReplyDelete