Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ono Grinds!

Nice to have a day off and NOT have to study! So, after seeing the crazy VOG outside I decided to take some action and make myself a large Kale Lemonaid!

1 lb organic Kale
1" local fresh ginger
1/2 lemon
1 very large organic Granny Smith apple

After spending the morning transplanting my Sugar Snap Pea and tomato sprouts....

 Carlos and and his buddy Richard talked me into some Frisbee Golf in voggy Kapalua....

Frisbee Golf is pretty serious here on Maui....It's 18 holes just like regular golf but you throw heavy plastic $20 ( !?? ) "disks" into these baskets ( bare with me....)

Dork








I'm happy I had my IPod with me because half the afternoon was spent looking for the frisbees....

Anyone know what happened to Molokai? I think the VOG ate it....

Seriously...there should be an island right there on the horizon....It must have sank?

Anyway, so the boys wanted some beers and food after our long day on the course but I just can't handle the crappy food at Maui Brews again....
So, Good thing I remembered West Maui's Best Kept Secret!

$5 small plates  from 2-5pm at the Sea House Restaurant on Napili Bay!
 These were just my dishes... I think I ate every single bite! I was starving!

Caprese Bruschetta
Buffalo mozzarella
yellow and red tomatoes
pesto
balsamic reduction
baguette
This was incredible!

Mediterranean Salad
toasted pita
goat cheese
roasted red peppers
hummus
Kalamata olives
balsamic reduction
leafy greens

Butternut Ravioli with Mushrooms and Spinach
These were insane! This would make an excellant Main Dish if it was full size! So Good!!
Again, These plates were only $5 bucks each! How cool is that!

And some Happy hour Pinto Grigio to wash it all down....


Chocolate Lava Cake with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Raspberry Coulis
The waitress brought this out to us for free because she had accidentally spilled a glass of ice water on Carlos (  he said it actually felt good because it was so hot and muggy )
 
The boys look pretty happy don't you think?

The Sea House is right on Napili Bay Beach and is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner...
Ono Grinds:-)


Well....looks like an early Saturday night for us...Carlos is passed out in a food coma so I'm going to grab Taj and watch some more Gossip Girl....

Aloha

1 comment:

  1. That salad looks so fresh and delicious! Actually, everything looks better in the warm sunshine. ;)

    ReplyDelete