Friday, January 29, 2010

Hungry

Another day at the office brought on a non-work related delimma. When do I eat? You see, throughout the day I meet with guests and these meetings can sometimes run hours long. So, the issue is this....I can't exactly break for lunch just because I get hungry. But, I don't want my hunger to get in the way of my energy either. So, I think the best way to combat this is by bringing in some sort of "fruit/nut" bar or something similar that I can quickly eat to hold me over until I can take a longer break......

Anyway, I'll work on that.
I made a juice and took it to work for breakfast...
Kale Lemonaid
1" fresh local ginger
1/2 local lemon
1 lb organic kale
1 1/2 large organic Granny Smith apple

Then around 11 am I broke for a light lunch...
2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread
cottage cheese
diced tomatoes
hot sauce

After lunch I had a strong craving for something sweet so I went to the hotel's shop and grabbed one of these....

A mini Milk Chocolate Dove Bar...mmmm

After work I headed to the gym and completed 40 minutes on the elliptical machine followed by 200 crunches.

And then it was dinner time!
Carlos was home tonight so we made some Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil Pearled Couscous by "Near East" This was excellant and very simple to make!
Carlos then sauteed some mushrooms in evoo, salt, pepper and lemon juice while I threw together a decadent....
 Simple salad
mixed organic greens
local tomatoes
avocado from Haiku
Annie's Goddess Dressing

Everything was perfect, vegan, & filling!

Oh, and a glass of Barefoot Pinot Grigio to wash it all down....
Early night tonight...we are both pretty beat so, Happy Aloha Friday!


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like the idea of making green lemonade instead of the usual smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kale Lemonade sounds delicious. I'm going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete