Sunday, January 10, 2010

Damn, is the weekend over?

Omg...I had so much to do today!
-Study, Study, Study
-go buy a Baby Gift
- get gas/wash my car
-drop off old clothing at the Salvation Army
-gym
-blog
-fertilize and add top soil to the garden/plant seedlings
-pedicure ( not really in the budget )
-go to Carlos's belated work Christmas Party at I'Os Restaurant in Lahaina ( unfortuntely, without Carlos because he had to work at his other job ) Lucky me though, I'm really good friends with everyone he works with so I still get to go!

Well, I didn't get to everything.....didn't wash the car or get my toes done ( no open toes for me this week! )
but I got the really important stuff tackled like studing (which took up most of my day )
I have not been to the beach since last week and it's killing me. However, We've been getting HAMMERED with VOG again so best to be indoors anyway. Both Carlos and I have  itchy eyes and a nagging cough now. I'm trying not to freak out but what are we going to do if this never goes away?? The VOG was so bad driving from Kahalui last night it almost looked like there was smoke in the glow of the street lights. I can't imagine this being okay for us long term??? But again, how do you turn off a Volcano? Yuck....

Started my morning with one of these....

In the Vita Mix went..
1.5 frozen bananas
1 cup almond milk
2 cups spinach
stevia

After some studing and lunch I ran down to Lahaina to run some errands....
Hale Zen is one of my favorite little shops in Lahaina and it's perfect for gift shopping! It has all sort of things for the home, beautiful hand made jewerly, fun things for the pantry and a really cute baby section. For some reason I everyone I know is having babies these days so this is my " go to " place for gifts:-)




Cute huh! Hale Zen is on Dickenson St in downtown Lahaina.

By the time I got home I was starving.....


Veggie Sammie
Haiku avocado
Olowalu tomato
Kula green leaf lettuce

Next on the agenda...more study time and then garden work....

Here are my little seedlings....Last year was the first time I tried this with Tomatoes and I made out okay! So, here goes round two!
Roma Tomatoes
Sweet 100s
Heirloom Brandywine
Italian Cherry
Tomatillos!!! ( So stoked I found these! )
I also planted several Sugar Snap Peas

Here I have Arugula and several different types of lettuce....
The rest of my garden is looking rather sad :-(  All I have right now are some dormant Hot chili Plants, Citrus ( Tangelos, Keffir Lime ) Apple Banana, Lilikoi, Rosemary, Italian Parsley and Thai Basil. It's funny we don't have hugh seasonal changes in Hawaii but I have noticed that during the winter months, I don't get much growth either. Also, I didn't plant any "winter" veggies or herbs this season because we were in Australia and New Zealand for a month in early fall....Maybe next year :-)

Next Stop...the gym
Just a quick 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and about 200 ab crunches....

Coming up... I'O in Lahaina!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! That green smoothie looks so creamy and divine. Actually, everything looks delicious. You are so lucky to be growing your own food, wish I could do that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete