Monday, January 25, 2010

Daily Grind

Another long day at the office (but that's okay).....I'll learn the ropes soon enough I guess.
I made my own juice this morning with some leftovers and took it to work....

Random Juice
1 lb local Kula green leaf lettuce
1" local fresh ginger
1/2 local lemon
1 very large organic Granny Smith Apple
1 peeled cucumber

I was busy with about 5 hours of touring today so I had to sneak a mini lunch in during a very short break....

I'm sort of digging this right now....

2 slices of whole wheat bread
chopped tomatoes
cottage cheese

Really simple but filling ( and free! )

I actually brought my surfboard in today, determined to catch a few in front of my office when I was pau....However, no bueno.....The waves were about 1' and I only had my short board on me. Major bummer :-(

So, off to the gym I went.....
30 minutes Elliptical Machine level 8
Jenna's 8 minute abs ( click here to check it out )
I did Jenna's Abs two days ago and I'm still sore so I figured something must have worked?
I also did 100 standard crunches on my own.

My workout was sort of weak I'll admit. I left my IPod at home and I didn't have anything to read.  It's hard for me to stay distracted ( on the Elliptical ) without one of these 2 things....blah.

A long shower and Pau Hana aroung 6pm :-)

Nice...good ol' Babich New Zealand Sauvi. Yum Yum :-)

and dinner for one.....

Love this stuff!
 Pacific Natural Foods Butternut Squash Soup ( no dairy )
Tahitian Lime ( cuz that's how I roll )
2 toasted Oroweat Sandwitch Thins
Hummus with evoo and cayenne pepper

Nice huh?

Alright....off to being productive now....see y'all later!
Aloha



3 comments:

  1. I am sorry about the vog. It's driving my dad and his wife nuts too.
    I finally started my own blog! Now I just have to figure out how to take "food pictures" and all the formating stuff.
    Check it out!
    http://platosplate.blogspot.com/
    Do you know how to get rid of that 897 in the title area? It was the number of the background I chose and I can't figure out how to get rid of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of the elliptical either. Definitely going to try your cottage cheese, tomato & toast lunch. Free is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amanda, So happy you started your blog :-) I'm sorry...I'm so clueless when it comes to templates and formatting? Carlos has had to do it for me on several occasions. I can't even figure out how to grammer check on blogspot??
    As for food pics...natural light is always the best but it's really hard during dinner time. I have a Nikon D50 but I always just set it to auto and shoot. I'm pretty lazy and if Carlos is near by I just make him do it....Good luck and have fun!! xo A

    ReplyDelete