Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pau Hana.......

Aloha, Last day of work for me at the gallery :-) (Exhale.....) If I had less self control  this would be a much more colorful post....however, this is a small island.......so sometimes I need to keep some thoughts to myself.

ANYWAY,  I just got 10 days off?? I was supposed to start training for my new job on Monday but that just changed. Everything just got pushed back!....I don't have to work now until Dec 14th.

What to do?? WELL, I'm trying now to FREAK because no work also means no pay.....but honestly, it's been years since I've been on vacation in Maui so this could be fun/relaxing?  although...  if I had 2 cents to my name I would be on the next flight to Kauai of course .

NEXT
 We have some exciting weather on the way! A Kona Storm ( heavy rain and wind ) is suppose to hit our shores tonight and we have some ALL time surf cranking on the North Shore as well! "Coconut Wireless" is confirming "Jaws" was doing it's thang this afternoon too..... Could end up being a wild weekend afterall.......

Here's some pics Carlos took today ( sorry, I can't name the spot.... it's against the rules...you can take a guess though... :-)






Looks like Winter has arrived in the Islands....

Side Note- If you want to read something funny....this is one of our local surf reports. It's called OMAUI and it has a forum that you can post comments on....talk about some local flavor hahahaha....

Not worry, I will post some pics for y'all if it actually happens:-)

Hui Hou!
Love me some Green Juice!



Kale Lemonaid
4 cups kale
2"fresh ginger
1 lemon ( no rind )
2 stalks of celery
2 Granny Smith apples


Last lunch on Front Street....



Maui Onion and Tomato Salad - Lahaina Fish Co.
Mixed local greens
blue cheese
tomatoes
Maui onions
vinegarette
2 rolls


Snack after work



Naan Bread and Tomato Sauce
1 can drained organic diced tomatoes
1 garlic clove
1 tsp evoo
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp cypress salt
dash of chili pepper powder
Blend last 5 ingredients together and heat in a small sauce pan.......

Dinner



Garden Burger
Costco veggie burger ( no soy )
Oroweat Sandwitch Thins
organic ketchup
Manoa lettuce

I'm full, and I'm going to get back to my book now......I'll be back, Aloha :-)


Addicted....totally

1 comment:

  1. Amazing pictures! I'm gonna have to try Kale Lemonaid... sounds delicious! I love ginger in my juices :)

    ReplyDelete