Saturday, December 5, 2009

Holiday

Aloha....
So here I go... first day of impromptu vacation.
Breakfast



Green Juice
2 cups kale
1/2 lemon
2 stalks celery
2 Granny Smith Apples
1 cup cilantro


Lunch



Easy Salad
Romaine
Manoa lettuce
organic Safeway brand garlic croutons
Artisan sea salt Filone bread
chunky blue cheese dressing

Snack



Pumpkin Soft Serve
1/2 frozen organic pumpkin puree
1.5 frozen bananas
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp vanilla
stevia
1 Tb local raw honey
( all blended in a high speed blender )


I hate opening a can of pumpkin because I rarely use the whole amount and end up wasting the remaining squash. So, I tried a little experiment with my canned organic pumpkin puree this time.....I took a ice cube tray and filled each 2 Tb space with pumpkin and froze this. I then removed the cubes from the tray and placed them back in the freezer in a plasic bag. No more waste ( FYI 4 cubes = 1/2 cup )




Off to late night ( 10 pm ) dinner now at Sensei's in Kapalua for 1/2 off sushi. Sensei offers this every Thursday and Friday night now.....pretty cool :-) Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment